ATTENTION

This FlexSim Community Forum is read-only. Please post any new questions, ideas, or discussions to our new community (we call it Answers) at https://answers.flexsim.com/. Our new Question & Answer site brings a modern, mobile-friendly interface and more focus on getting answers quickly. There are a few differences between how our new Q&A community works vs. a classic, threaded-conversation-style forum like the one below, so be sure to read our Answers Best Practices.

flexsim.com

Go Back   FlexSim Community Forum > FlexSim Software > Q&A
Downloads

Q&A Using Flexsim and building models

Old 05-28-2008
Flexsim User

Downloads: 18
Uploads: 1
KelvinHo will become famous soon enough
Default Connecting network nodes in different containers

Hi, I have problems in connecting network nodes in different containers:

1. If a network node is inside a container, it cannot be able to view in top view, but once move the view angle a bit, it can be seen.

2. If there is a connection between the network nodes in different containers, the connection would not be updated if a container is moved (Pls try to move the container in the attachment.

Offtopic suggestion: I suggestion .fsm can be directly upload

Kelvin
Attached Files
File Type: zip network node problem.zip (40.5 KB, 313 views)
Old 05-28-2008
Talumis, Flexsim Distributor, The Netherlands

Downloads: 12
Uploads: 0
Martijn van Oostenbrugge is a name known to allMartijn van Oostenbrugge is a name known to allMartijn van Oostenbrugge is a name known to allMartijn van Oostenbrugge is a name known to allMartijn van Oostenbrugge is a name known to allMartijn van Oostenbrugge is a name known to all

Hi Kelvin,

I recently had to deal with this problem. Probably there are more subtle solutions, but I've attached one solution for you. The problem that you don't see your network node is that it is actually inside the container dimension boundaries and therefore you won't see it. It is located at z = 0 and the container has a certain zsize. Second, you want to update your network connection as soon as you move the container. Therefore I used a BasicFR as a container. Here, you can adjust the advanced functionality. So BasicFR Advanced -> Advanced Functions.

On the Advanced Function (for the correct case, because it is called quite frequently) you set the variable "modified" to one (so the Dijkstra tables are updated) and "lastlocx" to zero (then the connections are drawn correctly). Last, I set the location of the network node in the middle of the object and above the zsize of the container.

Hope it helps,

Martijn
Attached Files
File Type: zip network node problem solution.zip (43.9 KB, 299 views)

Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
draw network nodes using data from an excel sheet Vinay Mehendiratta Q&A 7 10-14-2014 08:40 AM
Connecting Flexsim to PLC / Ethernet Nico Zahn Q&A 3 08-04-2008 08:04 AM
Expertfit cannot find network key - Flexsim Network License Kris Geisberger Q&A 0 02-05-2008 05:10 PM