ATTENTION

This FlexSim Community Forum is read-only. Please post any new questions, ideas, or discussions to our new community (we call it Answers) at https://answers.flexsim.com/. Our new Question & Answer site brings a modern, mobile-friendly interface and more focus on getting answers quickly. There are a few differences between how our new Q&A community works vs. a classic, threaded-conversation-style forum like the one below, so be sure to read our Answers Best Practices.

flexsim.com

Go Back   FlexSim Community Forum > FlexSim Software > Q&A
Downloads

Q&A Using Flexsim and building models

Old 04-29-2013
Flexsim User

Downloads: 8
Uploads: 0
Ian Collins is on a distinguished road
Default Multiple Forklifts, Different roles

Hi,
I have a warehouse model where forklifts are used to move pallets around in the model. There are 5 forklifts in the model and all of them are connected to one Dispatcher. There are three distinct areas where forklifts can operate namely,

1. Unloading Pallets from Trucks into the warehouse.
2. Moving pallets around in the warehouse to different work spaces.
3. Loading finished pallets onto outgoing trucks.

I want to prioritize certain areas, for instance if a new truck arrives at least three forklifts must unload the truck. If there are no trucks to unload all of the transporters should be available in the warehouse. 1 Transporter must be dedicated to loading outgoing trucks.

Any help would be appreciated.
Old 04-30-2013
Flexsim User

Downloads: 35
Jörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond repute

Hello Ian,

to 1. you can change the priority of the receiving tasksequences from the arriving Truck in the dispatcher. If the priority is higher than any other Tasksquence, then such tasksequences will be send to the next available Taskexecuter. Be aware in the end every Transporter will unload the Truck.

How do you have build your truck: Is it still a Taskexecuter or is it a Taskexecuter with a Rack or Queue inside? Which method do you use to build the tasksequences to unload the truck?

Jörg
Old 04-30-2013
Flexsim User

Downloads: 8
Ian Collins is on a distinguished road
Default Multiple Forklifts

Thank you Jorg,
I will have a look at the priorities on the tasks sequences. If I understand you correctly, I will for instance give a task sequence for unloading the truck a higher priority than a task sequence for moving pallets around in the warehouse. This will automatically ensure that all of the forklifts are dedicated to unloading the truck.
With this method I can`t really control the maximum number of forklifts per specific area?

The truck is a task executor used as a flowitem.

Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Multiple Cranes - best way JMEngelhart Tips and Tricks 4 03-09-2015 09:30 AM
One driver, two forklifts, multiple queues - is coordinated ts the only solution? Vadim Fooks Q&A 6 10-16-2012 05:18 AM
Multiple files open Lolke Koopmans Q&A 6 02-08-2010 08:12 AM
Running Multiple Versions michaelsmith Installation 2 01-12-2010 07:48 AM
Move Multiple Controls on a GUI Steven Hamoen Q&A 4 03-05-2009 01:33 PM