ATTENTION

This FlexSim Community Forum is read-only. Please post any new questions, ideas, or discussions to our new community (we call it Answers) at https://answers.flexsim.com/. Our new Question & Answer site brings a modern, mobile-friendly interface and more focus on getting answers quickly. There are a few differences between how our new Q&A community works vs. a classic, threaded-conversation-style forum like the one below, so be sure to read our Answers Best Practices.

flexsim.com

Go Back   FlexSim Community Forum > FlexSim Software > Gripes and Goodies
Downloads

Gripes and Goodies Software problems and suggestions

Old 12-13-2010
Flexsim User

Downloads: 8
Uploads: 0
Jens Mühlheimer will become famous soon enoughJens Mühlheimer will become famous soon enough
Default 3D graphic problelm (probably hardware)

Hello everybody,

I got a new Fujitsu Lifebook E780 today which has a Intel® HD Graphics chip.
When I open a window with 3D elements (like the orthogonal or perspective view, but also the Flowitem bin, etc) I just get a grey window.
When I switch between programms (for example to Firefox and back to Flexsim) the 3D view window inside of Flexsim has the content of the screen I had before with the other programm maximized.

Is this a known issue? I think the main problem is the on-board graphics chip.

Do you know a way to solve this problem?

Already thank you a lot in advance!
Jens

P.S.
Using Flexsim 4.32
Windows XP
Intel® Core™ i5-520M processor (2.4 GHz, 3 MB)
2GB RAM

// Sorry for the typo in the topic
Old 12-13-2010
Flexsim User

Downloads: 35
Jörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Jens,
begin your improvements of the graphic settings starting with >>high compatibility<<. With this setting I can start flexsim on a netbook with intel gma-graphic.

Jörg
The Following User Says Thank You to Jörg Vogel For This Useful Post:
Jens Mühlheimer (12-13-2010)
Old 12-13-2010
Flexsim User

Downloads: 8
Jens Mühlheimer will become famous soon enoughJens Mühlheimer will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jörg Vogel View Post
Hi Jens,
begin your improvements of the graphic settings starting with >>high compatibility<<. With this setting I can start flexsim on a netbook with intel gma-graphic.

Jörg
Hello Jörg,

thank you for the info. I was looking for the graphic settings inside of the programm. With the setting you mentioned, I also can start the programm normally and get the 3D views. Quaility is not the best, but I will try to improve the quality and play around with the settings!

Dankeschön!

Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Graphic Cards Compatible With Flexsim AlanZhang Wiki Articles 75 09-21-2013 04:23 AM
What Hardware to Order Sebastian Hemmann Installation 15 05-10-2011 07:55 AM
What are Flexsim's hardware requirements? Cliff King Marketing and Sales Information 2 07-12-2010 10:46 AM
New Hardware Setup Alistair Smitheman Installation 3 03-20-2009 03:07 AM
Big Models - How big and what hardware Kenny Macleod Pre-sales Questions 3 10-01-2008 10:38 AM