ATTENTION

This FlexSim Community Forum is read-only. Please post any new questions, ideas, or discussions to our new community (we call it Answers) at https://answers.flexsim.com/. Our new Question & Answer site brings a modern, mobile-friendly interface and more focus on getting answers quickly. There are a few differences between how our new Q&A community works vs. a classic, threaded-conversation-style forum like the one below, so be sure to read our Answers Best Practices.

flexsim.com

Go Back   FlexSim Community Forum > FlexSim Software > Installation
Downloads

Installation Installation, licensing and hardware issues

Old 09-21-2007
Flexsim User

Downloads: 3
Uploads: 0
Yaghm is on a distinguished road
Default Graphics problems

Hi,I've a big problem with the software:when I put an object on the ortographic wiew I can't moove it or see the parameters or make the connections with other objects,it seems that the object isn't on the screen.Someone can help me?
Old 09-21-2007
Flexsim Technical Support

Downloads: 60
Uploads: 5
Brenton King is a name known to allBrenton King is a name known to allBrenton King is a name known to allBrenton King is a name known to allBrenton King is a name known to allBrenton King is a name known to all
Default Check graphics card

Yaghm,

I am pretty sure that this problem would be caused by your graphics card. Because of the 3D graphics capabilities in Flexsim, Flexsim requires a better than average graphics card. We recommend NVIDIA cards. (I use a 7600) If you are not in the market for a new card, you can try playing around with your graphics settings to see if you can get it to work with a lower graphics quality.
This is done by going into your START menu/Programs/Flexsim4/Flexsim Graphics Configurator. (Have Flexsim closed) Start with High compatibility mode in the list of common configurations. If Flexsim works well in High Compatibility mode go back into these settings and try bumping stuff up until Flexsim is working with the best you can give it.
Brenton
Flexsim Support
The Following User Says Thank You to Brenton King For This Useful Post:
Sean Browning (10-29-2008)
Old 09-22-2007
Flexsim User

I try every kind of configuration,but the problem is still here...
Old 09-22-2007
Vice President Technical Services

Downloads: 158
Uploads: 14
Cliff King has much to be proud ofCliff King has much to be proud ofCliff King has much to be proud ofCliff King has much to be proud ofCliff King has much to be proud ofCliff King has much to be proud ofCliff King has much to be proud ofCliff King has much to be proud ofCliff King has much to be proud of

You've never mentioned the specifications of your computer and graphics card. If the problem did not go away even after changing your setting in the Flexsim Graphics Configurator to "High Compatibility", then that is very unusual and I would be interested to know what the other specifications of your computer and operating system are. It's very common to have weird graphical glitches like that due to low end graphic card exceptions, but they always go away when high compatibility is chosen (albeit the graphics look crappy at that point due to the lack of any graphic acceleration and such). Are you seeing these problems immediately after opening Flexsim and dragging out your first object, or is it occuring in an existing model because it might be due to exceptions in your model?
Old 09-28-2007
Flexsim User

I've that problem since the first time I used the software...the strange thing is that I can moove the object and set the parameters only if I use the planar wiew...My specification are:windows xp home with service pack2,mobile amd sempron processor 2800+,512 mb of ddr ram,sis m760gx video card.(It is an acer notebook)
Old 09-28-2007
Vice President Technical Services

Downloads: 158
Uploads: 14
Cliff King has much to be proud ofCliff King has much to be proud ofCliff King has much to be proud ofCliff King has much to be proud ofCliff King has much to be proud ofCliff King has much to be proud ofCliff King has much to be proud ofCliff King has much to be proud ofCliff King has much to be proud of

Do you see any differences when working in "High Compatibility" mode versus "High Quality" mode?

Have you tried updating your cpu and graphics driver from the Acer website? How about the SIS website? This is most definitely a hardware issue, so you will need to do what you can to upgrade your graphics card and/or graphics driver.

Last edited by Cliff King; 03-15-2008 at 09:20 AM.

Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Problems with wrl file Steven Hamoen Q&A 1 01-25-2008 06:00 AM