ATTENTION

This FlexSim Community Forum is read-only. Please post any new questions, ideas, or discussions to our new community (we call it Answers) at https://answers.flexsim.com/. Our new Question & Answer site brings a modern, mobile-friendly interface and more focus on getting answers quickly. There are a few differences between how our new Q&A community works vs. a classic, threaded-conversation-style forum like the one below, so be sure to read our Answers Best Practices.

flexsim.com

Go Back   FlexSim Community Forum > FlexSim Software > Q&A
Downloads

Q&A Using Flexsim and building models

Old 08-19-2014
Flexsim User

Downloads: 1
Uploads: 0
AndreeaAdda is on a distinguished road
Default Restart Task Sequence

Hello,

The question I have is how could I combine a custom Task Sequence with a standard one. In the model I have attached below, I want to write an instruction in the OnMessage trigger of Processor3 that says when its contents are 0, it should go back to Processor2 and start the whole operation again. The thing is, I didn't write any custom code for the part where the operator takes the boxes from Processor2 to Processor3, and I don't want to overwrite the original code that does that.
Attached Files
File Type: fsm model.fsm (21.4 KB, 56 views)
Old 08-19-2014
CCS, India

Downloads: 67
arunkrmahadeva is a jewel in the rougharunkrmahadeva is a jewel in the rougharunkrmahadeva is a jewel in the rougharunkrmahadeva is a jewel in the rough

Dear Andreea ,

You can write a travel task under the on message trigger of the processor3.

[treenode ts = createemptytasksequence(Operator,0,0);

inserttask(ts,TASKTYPE_TRAVEL,inobject(current,1), NULL);

dispatchtasksequence(ts);

return tonum(ts);]

Hope this helps,if not ignore this post.

Regards,

Arun KR
CCS,India

Last edited by arunkrmahadeva; 08-19-2014 at 09:54 AM. Reason: correction
Old 08-20-2014
Flexsim User

I am sorry, it does not work. The operator just travels to the station, and does nothing after. I need him to pick the flowitems up and travel back to the Processor3 as he did in the beginning.
Old 08-20-2014
CCS, India

Downloads: 67
arunkrmahadeva is a jewel in the rougharunkrmahadeva is a jewel in the rougharunkrmahadeva is a jewel in the rougharunkrmahadeva is a jewel in the rough

Dear Andreea,

The solution is attached with the post.You have to connect the processor3 to another object to see the movement of the task executor properly.

Regards,

Arun KR
CCS,India
Attached Files
File Type: fsm model.fsm (22.0 KB, 38 views)
Old 08-20-2014
Flexsim User

Thank you for you answer, but that is not what I am looking for. I need the operator to go to the processor and depending on it's current state (empty or not) to go to different processors. For example, I want the operator to unload the first 4 flowitems to processor3 and then take only one flowitem and unload it into processor4, and repeat that process until there are no more flowitems in processor3, and when that happens he should go back to processor2, load 4 more flowitems, and unload them into processor3, and the cycle begins again.
Old 08-20-2014
Flexsim User

Downloads: 35
Jörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond repute

Hello Andreea,

there are different concepts involved in your question.
First the standard tasksequence which let the operator transports items from a loadstation to one or more destinations.
Second the break to requirement function in the operator: From the picklist you can choose that the operator can load more items from the same loadstation. But the items must already been released or at a processor already finished. That could only happen for more than one item when the processor has a capacity greater than 1.
Third the order of tasksequences of tasksequencequeue in the operator: An operator works on a single tasksequence to its end. Then he works on the next tasksequence. There exists several methods to preempt a tasksequence or break away from a tasksequence to another. One Method is the breaktask in combination with the break to requirement or a message trigger.
If you want that tasksequences are ordered, then you have to do that. One way is to assign the priority of the tasksequence to match an order.

Please build a model which does what you want without the operator. The model must queue as many items at the output of a processor as you wish to transport at once. Probably you can use a queue object and the batching option to achieve such behaviour.
After that let an operator transport the batched items at once.
Maybe he travels sometimes between the different destinations, although he could unload more items at a destination. If that happens, you have to change the order of the tasksequences in the tasksequencesqueue. As mentioned above, you can give different priorities to the tasksequences depending on the destination. You can change the priority of dispatched tasksequences by a command. But be aware of the actual active tasksequence, that tasksequence will the operator finish if you don't break it or preempt it.

Jörg
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Jörg Vogel For This Useful Post:
Tom David (08-21-2014)

Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Operator task sequence George Serhan Q&A 12 03-06-2012 07:19 AM
Set Speed for a task sequence Nischith Kashyap Q&A 6 05-26-2011 05:47 PM
Task Sequence Profile Brandon Peterson User Development 6 09-21-2009 01:41 PM
Task Sequence Display jspeece Q&A 4 09-15-2009 09:03 AM
Task Sequence Example 1 Li Chin Q&A 4 10-27-2008 06:50 AM