ATTENTION

This FlexSim Community Forum is read-only. Please post any new questions, ideas, or discussions to our new community (we call it Answers) at https://answers.flexsim.com/. Our new Question & Answer site brings a modern, mobile-friendly interface and more focus on getting answers quickly. There are a few differences between how our new Q&A community works vs. a classic, threaded-conversation-style forum like the one below, so be sure to read our Answers Best Practices.

flexsim.com

Go Back   FlexSim Community Forum > FlexSim Software > Flexsim Student Forum
Downloads

Flexsim Student Forum Forum for discussion for Flexsim Students using the Flexsim Textbook.

Old 07-08-2015
Adhyaksa Bagaskara

Downloads: 7
Uploads: 0
Post Different output with different age

Hello all,

whether the processor/separator can generate output with different output with different age?
i build a model where i want to separate a box (input) tobe 4 product (a,b,c,d) then those products go to rack. When a, b, c, d out from separator, they have different age. How to set that ?

Thank you
Old 07-08-2015
Talumis, Flexsim Distributor, The Netherlands

Downloads: 43
Steven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond repute

I'm not absolutely sure what you want to do. If you want a,b,c,d to come out of the separator on different moments, the easiest thing is to just put a processor behind the separator and have different processtimes for the 4.

If you just want to have a different age on the different products just use a label and put an age on it.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Steven Hamoen For This Useful Post:
Jörg Vogel (07-28-2015)
Old 08-06-2015
Adhyaksa Bagaskara

Downloads: 7
Smile Thank you

Thank you, for your help Steven. I really appreciate that.

Ehm, but i'm still confused about my model. I build a model that analyze blood inventory management. Blood and it's derivative component will be storaged in refrigerator. Blood will be out from refrigerator if there are demand and outdated. Then, i want to make a logic where blood that outdated will be sent to sink. Said as outdated if the blood over their lifetime, for example derivative product: packed red cell (PRC) just has 5 day, over that must be sent to sink. Thank you
Old 08-09-2015
Talumis, Flexsim Distributor, The Netherlands

Downloads: 43
Steven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond repute

Ok, now I get it. I think what I would do is return -1 on the sendtoport trigger (that holds the item and doesn't send it away). Then create a senddelayedmessage on the onentry with the time that the blood becomes outdated and pass the item as a parameter. When that trigger fires check if the object still exists and then do a releaseitem.
If blood is actually demanded then also send a message and do a release item. In that case you only have to check if there actually is an item and if not you can store the request in a label or something and when the next one enters simply do not return -1 but send it on. Check out this post and especially the solution from Jason (https://www.flexsim.com/community/fo...ead.php?t=3114 )
The Following User Says Thank You to Steven Hamoen For This Useful Post:
Adhyaksa Bagaskara (08-10-2015)

Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Same output shivrash Q&A 2 02-24-2015 08:54 AM
why output per second is 0? qin tian Q&A 1 01-17-2014 11:39 AM
Container with only one In- and Output Sebastian Hemmann Q&A 1 11-02-2013 01:06 PM
output order of objects juan alberto Q&A 4 06-21-2010 05:15 AM
Problem with Processor Output avinash Q&A 2 03-26-2008 09:19 AM