ATTENTION

This FlexSim Community Forum is read-only. Please post any new questions, ideas, or discussions to our new community (we call it Answers) at https://answers.flexsim.com/. Our new Question & Answer site brings a modern, mobile-friendly interface and more focus on getting answers quickly. There are a few differences between how our new Q&A community works vs. a classic, threaded-conversation-style forum like the one below, so be sure to read our Answers Best Practices.

flexsim.com

Go Back   FlexSim Community Forum > FlexSim Software > Q&A
Downloads

Q&A Using Flexsim and building models

Old 06-08-2011
Flexsim User

Downloads: 26
Uploads: 0
shashanktrivedi will become famous soon enough
Default Inter-arrival Time From Global Table

Hi,

I am reading inter-arrival time from global table, first cell value is 77 second 97.
First item comes at 77 where as second item comes at 154, primarily because of it takes 77 as interarrival time.

Although from third item it takes second interarrival time (97) and there onwards it continues to do the same hence lag of one cell from table.

Making arrival time of second item to 174(77+97) will solve my problem and there will not be any lag for next items.

Kindly advise.

Regards
Shashank Trivedi
Old 06-09-2011
Flexsim User

Downloads: 52
Sebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to behold

I think you have to cumulate your arrival times in the table. I allways do it this way and it allways works.
Maybe you got another Item with arrivaltime 154 later on your table, that appears right on that time!?
Old 06-15-2011
Flexsim User

Downloads: 3
Eike Schulz is on a distinguished road

I assume you get the tablerow via the output-value of your source? I tried it this way when using inter-arrival-times from a global table and had the same problem you have, meaning the first time is always used twice.
I solved this by implementing a counter label on the source that is set to 0 in the reset-trigger and incremented in the inter-arrival-time code. If you then use the incremented label as rownumber for your inter-arrival-time you should alway get the right value.

Tags
arrival time

Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
inter arrival time for pulling sink Congshi Wang Q&A 6 11-11-2010 05:18 AM
Creating more than one itemflow in source (inter-arrival time style) shafizad Q&A 8 07-12-2010 07:08 AM
Set Arrival Sequence on reset with global table Patrick Cap Q&A 5 04-08-2009 11:12 PM
Can I make a column of a global table to type table? qin tian Q&A 0 10-01-2008 09:27 PM
Inter Arrival Time by Time of Day Mod Brandon Peterson Tips and Tricks 0 04-23-2008 11:13 AM