ATTENTION

This FlexSim Community Forum is read-only. Please post any new questions, ideas, or discussions to our new community (we call it Answers) at https://answers.flexsim.com/. Our new Question & Answer site brings a modern, mobile-friendly interface and more focus on getting answers quickly. There are a few differences between how our new Q&A community works vs. a classic, threaded-conversation-style forum like the one below, so be sure to read our Answers Best Practices.

flexsim.com

Go Back   FlexSim Community Forum > FlexSim Software > Q&A
Downloads

Q&A Using Flexsim and building models

Old 11-16-2011
Flexsim Australia

Downloads: 114
Uploads: 0
Kenny Macleod will become famous soon enoughKenny Macleod will become famous soon enough
Default Flexsim in the Cloud.

I know people are interested in this subject so here is what Alex from Flexsim told me (forwarded with his permission).

Much of this was presented at Flexsimposium.

============

Kenny

I'm still working on a standard web interface for models (like the one showed in Flexsymposium). A model can easily override the standard interface, but I want to make a good standard interface so that someone who doesn't know a thing about web development already has many features working. I'm making it easier to use and configure, more powerful, more standard-feeling for web developers, more browser-compatible (you may have noticed I only demonstrated in Chrome), and more descriptive when something doesn't work.

It has been mentioned that there will be a beta release in December. This will have the changes to the Flexsim Engine that have already been done to interface with the server program. The beta will work with the server program. There will probably be a few more improvements to the engine and probably more improvements to the content that will be done between the beta release and the official release in the early part of next year.

Once the Flexsim changes have been made, there are a few changes to the server program I want to make (timeouts in case Flexsim freezes, etc.). These can be made independently of the changes to Flexsim. The server program is run on a server and runs and manages instances of Flexsim. Right now it needs to be run on a server that is owned by the client, but I have a sketch on my whiteboard of how a web service would work so that clients can rent servers and run models on the cloud without owning or organizing the servers. My goal is to make that as easy to use as I demonstrated using my own laptop that was already configured, so that someone who doesn't even know what a server is can use it.

I have a development list on my white board, but I would like feedback on what features would be useful to include, how it will be used, etc.

=====

Feel free to comment, it might help Alex prioritise.

Kenny
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kenny Macleod For This Useful Post:
Warren Wu (11-17-2011)
Old 11-16-2011
LINWEIXU

Downloads:
Uploads:
Smile

it is very useful for our company.

Tags
cloud, ipad, web based