ATTENTION

This FlexSim Community Forum is read-only. Please post any new questions, ideas, or discussions to our new community (we call it Answers) at https://answers.flexsim.com/. Our new Question & Answer site brings a modern, mobile-friendly interface and more focus on getting answers quickly. There are a few differences between how our new Q&A community works vs. a classic, threaded-conversation-style forum like the one below, so be sure to read our Answers Best Practices.

flexsim.com

Go Back   FlexSim Community Forum > FlexSim Software > Q&A
Downloads

Q&A Using Flexsim and building models

Old 11-26-2007
Flexsim User

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
danieldiep is on a distinguished road
Default manual entry

Is it possible to generate a flow item manually, using e.g. a button in a GUI ?
Old 11-26-2007
Talumis, Flexsim Distributor, The Netherlands

Downloads: 43
Steven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond repute

yes it is. The easiest solution in my opinion would be to take a source and on reset and on the onexit trigger close the output. Then make the GUI with a button and on the onpress of that button, open the output of the source. Then 1 product is released, and the exit trigger makes sure that the output is closed again straight away, so only 1 product is generated. If you link the GUI to the source that makes it easier to refer to the source when opening the output.

Hope this helps,

Steven
Old 11-26-2007
Flexsim User

Thank you Steven, seems to be easy.
Actually, the simulation halts when the source output is blocked, and my button has no action. Have I missed something ?
Sorry, I am just a beginner with Flexsim.
Old 11-26-2007
Talumis, Flexsim Distributor, The Netherlands

Downloads: 43
Steven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond repute

No that sounds correct. If there are no products entering your model, no events are created and nothing happens. But if you say that you are a beginner, this GUI stuff is quite complex so I have attached a small model that does exactly what I think that you want.
Load it, Reset it and run it. Nothing happens after 1 second. Than double click on the source and a gui with button comes up, when you press the button a product leaves the source. After 1 second a next product is available in the source and you can let it leave again.

Regards,

Steven
Attached Files
File Type: zip CreateProductWithGUI.zip (40.3 KB, 322 views)
Old 11-26-2007
Flexsim User

Downloads: 157
Uploads: 47
Tom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant future

I guess that your problem is, that you have no events in your model and therefore the model stops.

What you could do is have another Source and Sink in your model, just connected. Give this 'dummy' Source a high Arrival Time value and you have always an event.

Or you use a User Event at time (very high value) and repeat this event (also very high value) and you also always have an event.

I hope this is a correct answer, because I did not test my answer.

Good success
tom the (A)tom
Old 11-26-2007
Flexsim User

Steven, your model works perfectly !
Thanks a lot.
Daniel