ATTENTION

This FlexSim Community Forum is read-only. Please post any new questions, ideas, or discussions to our new community (we call it Answers) at https://answers.flexsim.com/. Our new Question & Answer site brings a modern, mobile-friendly interface and more focus on getting answers quickly. There are a few differences between how our new Q&A community works vs. a classic, threaded-conversation-style forum like the one below, so be sure to read our Answers Best Practices.

flexsim.com

Go Back   FlexSim Community Forum > FlexSim Software > Q&A
Downloads

Q&A Using Flexsim and building models

Old 07-05-2010
Flexsim User

Downloads: 187
Uploads: 0
Dane Lee is on a distinguished road
Default processor locked

In this model,processor is locked when it is running. why? Please help,thank you!
Attached Files
File Type: zip 100626.zip (84.7 KB, 165 views)
Old 07-05-2010
Flexsim User

Downloads: 157
Uploads: 47
Tom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant future

I think you should describe a bit better, what do you mean.
Which Processor do you mean? I found Processor12 and MultiProcessor24 in your model.
What do you mean by locked? Do you mean that the input and output port of the Processor12 is closed (red)?

In my eyes Processor12 works correct. An item arrives, the Operator7 start the process. After the process time the items leaves and the next item arrives. Maximum Content is 1 and during the process the ports are closed. Input ports because capacity is reached, output ports because the process is not finished. First item arrives at time 0, which is set in the Source5. ProcessTime is 37.5. Event list says Process Finish is at 38.882255, so I guess the time for the operator to arrive at the processor is around 1.38 seconds.

I suggest, that you describe more precise what the problem is in your eyes. It would be also helpful if you give the objects in your model names, which describe better, what they are doing.
The better you describe and ask the better the replies will be.
Old 07-05-2010
Flexsim User

Downloads: 187
Dane Lee is on a distinguished road

First,thank you.
Second,I means that sometime Processor 12 don't work usually when you reset model and run model , after first item is flished process, the state of Processor is blocked. and,when model is running multiprocessor is blocked all time after first item is flished process!
Third,I can not find the reason.
Fourth,hope your reply.
Old 07-05-2010
Flexsim User

Downloads: 157
Uploads: 47
Tom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant future

Dane,

Again, it would be a real good idea if you describe better what you are trying to do and where are the issues in your eyes.
Or do you expect that I spent my time on figure out what the model should do and why you build it and what are the issues? And this in a model where the tree is not organized the objects have just names, no comments in the triggers (e.g. Where are the messages sent to fire the OnMessage triggers?).
Sorry, I like to help but you first need to support me that I can help you in a reasonable time. Your model looks interesting but I do see the point that I should figure out what you try to model.

Please see this sticky thread where it is explained, what I mean and where others also post comments.

http://www.flexsim.com/community/for...read.php?t=783

Even if I do not know, what you are trying to do, I guess I have an idea what the problem is in your model. You open control the input/output of Queue in the OnReset trigger, which should be done via a delayed message and not in the OnReset trigger directly.

Please search the forum for “onreset queue” and you will find some helpful threads.
I guess these two threads are the most useful one regarding the OnReset Queue issue, but the others you will find are also interesting.

http://www.flexsim.com/community/for...hread.php?t=51

http://www.flexsim.com/community/for...read.php?t=458

But it is only a guess that this is the problem. But if I press reset several times, sometimes the input port of a queue is open or closed and it looks very random. The reason might be somewhere else because I see pull strategies, etc.

If you expect help, you should support us (the community) to make it easy to help you.
Old 07-06-2010
Flexsim Consultant

Downloads: 20
Jason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond repute

Your objects are not resetting correctly since you change their position in the tree by using moveobject(current,model()).

If you just check first that you need to move it back to the model it should be okay (I think!):

Code:
if (up(current)!=model())
	moveobject(current,model());
The Following User Says Thank You to Jason Lightfoot For This Useful Post:
Dane Lee (07-07-2010)

Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Getting a Processor to re-run Alistair Smitheman Q&A 3 07-31-2009 06:47 AM
Highlight a Visual Tool set to Screen Locked Billboard in perspective view? RalfGruber Q&A 3 03-25-2009 08:49 AM
Shutting of Processor Lilian_wulp Q&A 1 11-23-2008 02:08 AM
Processor Martijn van Oostenbrugge Q&A 0 08-27-2008 03:01 PM
Multi-Processor Help Davie Stomp Q&A 3 01-27-2008 02:23 PM