ATTENTION

This FlexSim Community Forum is read-only. Please post any new questions, ideas, or discussions to our new community (we call it Answers) at https://answers.flexsim.com/. Our new Question & Answer site brings a modern, mobile-friendly interface and more focus on getting answers quickly. There are a few differences between how our new Q&A community works vs. a classic, threaded-conversation-style forum like the one below, so be sure to read our Answers Best Practices.

flexsim.com

Go Back   FlexSim Community Forum > FlexSim Software > Q&A
Downloads

Q&A Using Flexsim and building models

Old 07-06-2012
Flexsim User

Downloads: 71
Uploads: 0
Manoj Kumar is on a distinguished road
Default operator with picklist

Dear Friends,
I am trying to create a model as follows
1. A operator picks the order list from the queue.
2. order picklist will have the locations of the flow items to be picked, which has rack, bay and level positions of flowitems.
3. Operator will collect the flow items as per the picklist.
4. On completion of picking operator will deposit the flow items to the queue.
Does anybody have created this scenario? Help me out.
Old 07-06-2012
Flexsim User

Downloads: 0
Efrain Marchena is on a distinguished road

Hi, I hope you find this usefull.
I use the pull option for the queue, in the pull requirement, the queue reads a table called picklist with thte itemtypes to pick, you can add to the condition more statements.
In the source, every item has labels for rack, bay and level.
In the "Break To" requirement in the operator, it return NULL, so, they will load items until reach the max capacity, then they go to unload the items on a queue.
Sorry for my bad english!
Attached Files
File Type: fsm picking with pull.fsm (54.0 KB, 153 views)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Efrain Marchena For This Useful Post:
Phillip Olson (07-25-2012)
Old 07-08-2012
Flexsim User

Dear Friends,
I have attached a model in which the transporter picks up the pallet and collects the flow item from racks before reaching the queue4.
But the case which i need is the transporter while picking the pallet need to refer the global table and get the information for the first order number (the locations which are corresponding to order no. column) into pallet. Then transporter need to collect the flow items for first order number in single trip.
I hope this need to be achieved by using customized task sequence under queue2 but don't know how to link the global table with task sequence. Help me out.
Attached Files
File Type: fsm order using source.fsm (349.1 KB, 132 views)
Old 07-09-2012
Flexsim User

Downloads: 35
Jörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond repute

Hello Manoj,

write your own tasksequence in the onload-trigger of your taskexecuter, but do not connect the taskexecuter with the rack. And the rack should contain all the item to load before the trigger is executed. Then you have the informations, which item to load, the loadstation and the unloadstation. If you leave the breaktask the taskexecuter load only one item per run. If you put a breaktask after the frload task the taskexecuter loads item until it is full.

Jörg
The Following User Says Thank You to Jörg Vogel For This Useful Post:
Manoj Kumar (07-09-2012)
Old 07-10-2012
Flexsim User

Dear Jorg,
I have tried the task sequence in on-load of the task executor but on flow items from racks are not getting loaded to the pallet. And also on unloading the pallet itself into queue4.
When i tried to refer the global table using for loop after task sequence of task executor reaching the rack, the model stops.
I have attached a model for your reference. Please guide on this.
Attached Files
File Type: fsm order using source_1.fsm (346.5 KB, 104 views)
Old 07-10-2012
Flexsim User

Jörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond repute

Hello Manoj,

the reference to the item has to be to an item in the rack and not the item, which you are loading in the Onload-Trigger.

Please see my model (Version 5)

Jörg
Attached Files
File Type: fsm order using source_1-JV.fsm (33.3 KB, 448 views)

Last edited by Jörg Vogel; 12-03-2014 at 03:32 AM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jörg Vogel For This Useful Post:
Manoj Kumar (07-10-2012)
Old 07-13-2012
Flexsim User

Hi Friends,
I have attached a model in which the transporter collects the items from various rack according to global table and deposits to the out_queue. On unloading only the pallet alone is getting unloaded from transporter, the items collected from the racks remains with transporter. This is achieved using the custom task sequence under the in_queue.
What is needed is transporter has to empty all its content into out_queue on completion of each trip(pallet+flow items).
I know this can be achieved by replacing the "item" in the unload task sequence with the picked item from rack but don't know how to get picked items out of "for loop". Help me out.
Attached Files
File Type: fsm order using source_2.fsm (402.2 KB, 99 views)
Old 07-13-2012
Flexsim User

Hello Manoj,

my way is not perhaps the optimum, but it is easy.
In the Queue, where you create the tasksequence to load all items, create a second new tasksequence referenced as unloadts.
In the for-loop you are inserting tasks of type frunload with the item (thepart) and the unloadstation (outqueue) to the unloadts
Code:
inserttask(unloadts,TASKTYPE_FRUNLOAD,thepart,outobject(current,port),0,0,0,0);
before you insert the task to unload your palette insert a callsubtask. the first involved parameter is NULL the second is unloadts. With this code the tasksequence ts calls the unloadts to be executed then and returns after finishing the called tasksequence.
you can dispatch the two tasksequences. Maybe you give the tasksequence ts a high priority than the tasksequence unloadts. Or vice versa or it doesn't matter at all. Perhaps you don't need to dispatch the unloadts.

Jörg
Phillip Olson (07-25-2012)
Old 07-13-2012
Flexsim User

Dear Jorg,
Thank you, Its working fine the way i wanted.
Old 07-18-2012
Flexsim User

Dear Jorg,
The model works fine with single transporter but when additional transporter is added to the dispatcher the first transporter collects the pallate from in_queue but the second transporter insteed of waiting and collecting pallete from in_queue travel to the out_queue.Please help to correct this.
Attached Files
File Type: fsm order using source_2.fsm (474.3 KB, 86 views)
Old 07-18-2012
Flexsim User

Hello Manoj,

the unload-taskesquences must only be stored at some place. You can dispatch them to a second dispatcher, which is not connected to anything else.
The callsub task should find the unload-tasksequence over its involved2 anywhere in your model. All that i haven't tested.

But give it a try.
Jörg
Old 07-18-2012
Flexsim User

Dear Jorg,
I have tried using separate dispatcher but dont know how to reference the unload task sequence in new dispatcher. It would be very helpful if you give a sample model.
Old 07-19-2012
Flexsim User

Hello Manoj,

the attached model sends flowitems from the source to the queue. It uses an operator for transport. The standard tasksequence example is divided in two tasksequences ts and unloadts. ts calls after the break task the unloadts as a subtasksequence, which contains the rest of the example tasksequence. The Tasksequence ts is dispatched to a dispatcher, which sends that to an operator.
The Tasksquence unloadts is dispatched to another dispatcher, which isn't connected to anything else. It stores just the subtasksequences.

The model runs without any problem.

Jörg
Attached Files
File Type: fsm StoreSubTasksequences.fsm (37.2 KB, 441 views)

Last edited by Jörg Vogel; 12-03-2014 at 02:58 AM.
Manoj Kumar (07-19-2012)

Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
picklist in GUI builder - Example shafizad Q&A 0 05-21-2012 01:29 PM
Sort a picklist for picking from a rack Michael Pohl Tips and Tricks 0 09-30-2009 02:28 AM