ATTENTION

This FlexSim Community Forum is read-only. Please post any new questions, ideas, or discussions to our new community (we call it Answers) at https://answers.flexsim.com/. Our new Question & Answer site brings a modern, mobile-friendly interface and more focus on getting answers quickly. There are a few differences between how our new Q&A community works vs. a classic, threaded-conversation-style forum like the one below, so be sure to read our Answers Best Practices.

flexsim.com

Go Back   FlexSim Community Forum > FlexSim Software > Q&A
Downloads

Q&A Using Flexsim and building models

Old 11-20-2014
Eyjólfur Ingi Eyjólfsson

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Default Problem with flowtime after using seperator

Hi

So I have a simplified version of my model that i attached to this post.

The separator splits the content from the source into 3 pieces.
I have labeled the content from the source.
I want to calculate the flow time (Leaving Q2 - Entering Q1)

I did that using a 2 triggers that call the time() function and writes it to a global table called time.

I have a problem because the separator splits the content into 3 pieces but I don't know how to keep track of the time since I now have 3 times more output than input. What is the best way to solve this?

Worth noting because there are some inspection stages, so the first item to leave the separator wont necessarily be the first to go to the sink.
Attached Files
File Type: fsm Simplified model.fsm (22.7 KB, 461 views)
The Following User Says Thank You to Eyjólfur Ingi Eyjólfsson For This Useful Post:
rex jonny (11-22-2014)
Old 11-21-2014
Flexsim User

Downloads: 52
Sebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to behold

Hi,

wouldn´t it be an idea to set the times on labels on the item?
So you could calculate the time for each item after it arrives at the Station Q2.
It shouldn´t be difficult to duplicate the Label to all items the seperator creates. Further I believe, the seperator has an Option to create copies of the item and so the Label should be same on all copies.

greetings
Old 11-25-2014
Flexsim User

Downloads: 35
Jörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,

in addition to Sebastian's post I suggest you create a label before seperating the flowitem, e.g. on entry trigger of the previus queue. There you could set the labelvalue to the current time. Then you find this label at all splitted flowitems again.

Jörg
The Following User Says Thank You to Jörg Vogel For This Useful Post:
Carsten Seehafer (11-26-2014)

Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Problem with a coordinated task sequence. Could somebody please help spotting the problem? Vadim Fooks Q&A 1 08-27-2012 03:26 PM
How to use two transporter from seperator Manoj Kumar Tips and Tricks 1 05-23-2012 03:14 AM
Total time in model for a flowtime vasiliki grigorakaki Q&A 2 02-29-2012 08:33 AM