ATTENTION

This FlexSim Community Forum is read-only. Please post any new questions, ideas, or discussions to our new community (we call it Answers) at https://answers.flexsim.com/. Our new Question & Answer site brings a modern, mobile-friendly interface and more focus on getting answers quickly. There are a few differences between how our new Q&A community works vs. a classic, threaded-conversation-style forum like the one below, so be sure to read our Answers Best Practices.

flexsim.com

Go Back   FlexSim Community Forum > FlexSim Software > Q&A
Downloads

Q&A Using Flexsim and building models

Old 01-29-2008
Flexsim User

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
asid_amin_o is on a distinguished road
Default School table

hye everybody...
i'm amin, Mathematic student from Malaysia..

I am doing final year project about school table production...

But i have a bit confuse about using Flexsim...

i have to use several type of machine like moulder, table saw, boring machine and sanding...

So, which type of machine in flexsim should i use?
so confuse since this software just arrive and i have to finish my project before april....

help me please
Old 01-30-2008
Flexsim User

Downloads: 2
Davie Stomp is on a distinguished road

Amin you've come to the right place.

For your project i would suggest you use an eneity called a "Processor".
A Processor will allow you to simmulate most types pf industiral machinery.

However, if you one station that has multiple machines, you would be better off using a "MultiProcessor"

Let me know if this helps....
Old 01-31-2008
Vice President Technical Services

Downloads: 158
Uploads: 14
Cliff King has much to be proud ofCliff King has much to be proud ofCliff King has much to be proud ofCliff King has much to be proud ofCliff King has much to be proud ofCliff King has much to be proud ofCliff King has much to be proud ofCliff King has much to be proud ofCliff King has much to be proud of

Keep in mind that the word "Multi" in MultiProcessor means multiple processing steps to be performed on a single flowitem. It should not be confused with parallel processing of more than one flowitem simultaneously. To achieve the later you either use several Processor objects, or use one Processor object with a Maximum Content that matches the number of parallel processing stations.
Old 02-10-2008
Flexsim User

Default thanx all

thanx for the suggestion...but what happen if i need to use manual sandind sealer that mean a man should do the work...as far as i know, operator only help to take thing from one station to another
Old 02-11-2008
Vice President Technical Services

Downloads: 158
Uploads: 14
Cliff King has much to be proud ofCliff King has much to be proud ofCliff King has much to be proud ofCliff King has much to be proud ofCliff King has much to be proud ofCliff King has much to be proud ofCliff King has much to be proud ofCliff King has much to be proud ofCliff King has much to be proud of

Operators (actually any of the TaskExecuter class of objects) can be used to "process" as well as "transport". To utilize an operator during a process time, you can use the "Operator" tab on the Parameters window of a Processor, or the "Number of Operators" field of the MultiProcessor, or of course dispatch your own custom tasksequence that calls and releases the operators whenever you want.
Old 02-13-2008
Flexsim User

thanx for d suggestion...i did not understand how to do setup time in processor...somebody help me? because i have to set the time in second for every process i do...
Old 02-13-2008
Flexsim Super Moderator

Downloads: 64
AlanZhang is a jewel in the roughAlanZhang is a jewel in the roughAlanZhang is a jewel in the rough

Take some time to go over the tutorial in the Flexsim help. It would be very helpful for you to understand some Flexsim basics and to save you a lot of time.
Old 02-20-2008
Flexsim User

i have found how to set the time but i'm a bit confuse if there is a job matrix like SIMUL8...is there any job matrix at flexsim?please help me
Old 02-20-2008
Flexsim Super Moderator

Downloads: 64
AlanZhang is a jewel in the roughAlanZhang is a jewel in the roughAlanZhang is a jewel in the rough

I am not familiar with SIMUL8. So I am not sure what you mean by job matrix. Can you be a bit more specific?
Old 02-24-2008
Flexsim User

hye...why i can't save my project even with my key?
my problem now is how to differentiate if diff type of product come to one processor and have to do different job with different process time?is it possible?

example: i have one processor need to do 3 type of job(3 different colour for each product) with 3 different process time but only one processor. Is it possible?
Old 02-25-2008
Talumis, Flexsim Distributor, The Netherlands

Downloads: 43
Steven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond repute

Please follow the advice from Alan and do the tutorial. Lesson 1 explains about the itemtype property that you can use very easily to solve your problem.

Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Error: Cannot find the input table or query 'Objects'. AlanZhang Q&A 8 05-04-2008 07:06 PM
Moving Network Node Information into a Table Brandon Peterson Q&A 2 02-15-2008 09:46 AM