ATTENTION

This FlexSim Community Forum is read-only. Please post any new questions, ideas, or discussions to our new community (we call it Answers) at https://answers.flexsim.com/. Our new Question & Answer site brings a modern, mobile-friendly interface and more focus on getting answers quickly. There are a few differences between how our new Q&A community works vs. a classic, threaded-conversation-style forum like the one below, so be sure to read our Answers Best Practices.

flexsim.com

Go Back   FlexSim Community Forum > FlexSim Software > Q&A
Downloads

Q&A Using Flexsim and building models

Old 06-22-2015
Flexsim User

Downloads: 2
Uploads: 0
koenslootmans is on a distinguished road
Default move operator to truck on network (can't reach destinatinon)

Hello

I have an operator and a truck connected to 1 network.

I created a coordinated tasksequence where the operator will walk to the truck and then the truck will start loading boxes.

The travel task of the operator to the truck however fails (it seems that you can't travel to an operator attached to a network)

How can i go around this?
I tried to call a subtask on the operator in which i then find the closest node to the truck and travel there, but this doesnt work as the operator will first need to finish the coordinated task sequence it seems (i even put the second task sequence to PRREMPT_only but it still didn't force the operator to walk to the truck)

Is there a way to remove the operator from the network, and then have her walk to the truck, and put her back on the network when the task is finished ?

Kr,
Koen
Old 06-22-2015
FlexSim Software Products

Downloads: 37
RalfGruber is a splendid one to beholdRalfGruber is a splendid one to beholdRalfGruber is a splendid one to beholdRalfGruber is a splendid one to beholdRalfGruber is a splendid one to beholdRalfGruber is a splendid one to beholdRalfGruber is a splendid one to behold

Koen,

you can only travel to fixed resources through the travel task. If you want to travel to a task executer, travel to his closest networknode on the network and then use traveltoloc or travelrelative to travel to the task executer itself.

Good luck

Ralf
FlexSim
Old 06-22-2015
Flexsim User

Downloads: 2
koenslootmans is on a distinguished road

At the moment that the task is being generated i don't know where the truck will be when i will start this task.
So i tried to go around this by doing a "call_SubTask" on the operator,
the subtask is being generated but not executed untill the coordinated task is finished ?! which is weird
What can i do about this?

Tags
network, task, travel, truck

Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
place in bay-level= first avariable, min(time to reach) riccardo torchio Q&A 3 10-21-2013 06:46 AM
Truck suddenly loads other truck :-) Katharina Muller Q&A 2 12-08-2012 11:55 PM
Question: how to make the transporter behave as a reach truck Vadim Fooks Q&A 0 09-06-2012 05:34 PM
Shape of an "operator with a Manuel-Pallet-Truck" Simon Farsah Q&A 1 02-28-2009 02:05 PM
Expertfit cannot find network key - Flexsim Network License Kris Geisberger Q&A 0 02-05-2008 05:10 PM