ATTENTION

This FlexSim Community Forum is read-only. Please post any new questions, ideas, or discussions to our new community (we call it Answers) at https://answers.flexsim.com/. Our new Question & Answer site brings a modern, mobile-friendly interface and more focus on getting answers quickly. There are a few differences between how our new Q&A community works vs. a classic, threaded-conversation-style forum like the one below, so be sure to read our Answers Best Practices.

flexsim.com

Go Back   FlexSim Community Forum > FlexSim Software > Q&A
Downloads

Q&A Using Flexsim and building models

Old 10-25-2009
Flexsim User

Downloads: 147
Uploads: 0
zhang xin is on a distinguished road
Default Multiple Table Excel Import problem

I use Multiple Table Excel Import tool.

When I set Absolute Path of Excel files, it works. But if I set relative path, it doesn't work. The error is showed in the attachment. How to solved?

Thanks

I use Vista Chinese edition, Excel 2003 Chinese edition, flexsim 4.52
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version
Name:	1.jpg
Views:	238
Size:	12.0 KB
ID:	836  

Last edited by zhang xin; 10-25-2009 at 11:06 PM.
Old 10-26-2009
The Flexsim Consultant

Downloads: 29
Uploads: 6
Brandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant future

Zhang,

I looked into the code and it appears that there was a change in one of the functions in 4.52 that has broken the ExcelAuto object in the library. I have let the development group know about the problem so it will be fixed in the next release. If you want it fixed now you can do so by changing line 86 in the import() cppfunction of the ExcelAuto object in the library to the following two lines:

bookname = concat(cdir(), bookname);
filename = apchar(bookname);

You will have to compile the entire session after making the change and the change would not save with the model so you would have to make the change everytime you opened the model. I know that this is not a reasonable solution; I only mention it so that you can see where the problem is coming from yourself.

Anyway, I do appologize that this is a problem. It will be fixed for the next release.

Brandon
Old 11-05-2009
Flexsim User

Oh, It's a pity. I have made a model for a user. He only has flexsim demo version to run the model. He always wants me to correct this.
Old 11-05-2009
Flexsim User

Oh, I get it.
you can write the following sentence in a reset event to set the path of excel file.

setnodestr(node("/Tools/ExcelAuto>variables/importtable/1/1", model()), concat(modeldir(), "my.xls"));

But I have another problem, why the following doesn't work?
stringreplace(modeldir(),"AssignIn\", "")

Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Excel Data Import Sung Kim Q&A 2 07-16-2010 10:41 AM
how to import excel in source? qin tian Q&A 6 01-11-2010 10:58 PM
is it possible to execute "Multiple Table Import" automaticly at the start of run? zhang xin Q&A 3 10-15-2009 09:54 AM
Excel Multiple Table Import Problem Bill Lank Q&A 2 12-12-2008 12:06 PM
Problems with Excel-Import tobias.biemueller Q&A 1 06-18-2008 06:17 AM