ATTENTION

This FlexSim Community Forum is read-only. Please post any new questions, ideas, or discussions to our new community (we call it Answers) at https://answers.flexsim.com/. Our new Question & Answer site brings a modern, mobile-friendly interface and more focus on getting answers quickly. There are a few differences between how our new Q&A community works vs. a classic, threaded-conversation-style forum like the one below, so be sure to read our Answers Best Practices.

flexsim.com

Go Back   FlexSim Community Forum > FlexSim Software > Q&A
Downloads

Q&A Using Flexsim and building models

Old 08-12-2014
Flexsim User

Downloads: 2
Uploads: 0
Ryan Davis is on a distinguished road
Default Time table state changes not being recorded in dashboard when using custom state profile

I am trying to show custom states in a state bar chart. I searched the forums and found a thread (http://www.flexsim.com/community/for...=state+profile) saying that you must create a new state profile in order to do this.

I found another thread (http://www.flexsim.com/community/for...=state+profile) that explained how to create a state profile. I downloaded the model in this thread and made the following changes:
1. Added third state to the custom state profile for Processor2
2. Renamed states in the custom state profile for Processor2 to s1, s2, s3
3. Added a dashboard with a state bar chart for Processor2 that uses the custom state profile
4. Added a time table for Processor2 with 1 downtime event

When I run this model, the bar chart shows the processor switching between s1 and s2 but when the downtime for the time table hits it does not show the processor going into state s3. However when I change the dashboard to use the default state profile it shows the processor switching between the first 3 default states (idle, processing, busy). Can anyone explain how to get a time table to properly show state changes in a dashboard with a custom state profile? My model is attached for reference.
Attached Files
File Type: fsm state_profiles_edit.fsm (15.1 KB, 39 views)
Old 08-12-2014
CCS, India

Downloads: 67
arunkrmahadeva is a jewel in the rougharunkrmahadeva is a jewel in the rougharunkrmahadeva is a jewel in the rougharunkrmahadeva is a jewel in the rough

Dear Ryan,

The busy state s3 was not showing because you have not set the busy state in the on down trigger of the time table.I have corrected the model and added command setstate(current,3,1); in the on down trigger of the timetable.

Hope this helps for you,If not ignore this post.

Regards,

Arun KR
CCS,India
Attached Files
File Type: fsm state_profiles_edit.fsm (16.2 KB, 39 views)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to arunkrmahadeva For This Useful Post:
Steven Hamoen (08-13-2014)
Old 08-13-2014
Flexsim User

Thank you, Arun. Setting the state in the down trigger works. I am curious why an extra command is needed to properly record state changes from the time table but not the state changes that occur when starting and finishing processing a flow item when switching between the default state profile and the user-defined state profile?

Right now working with user-defined states seems cumbersome. It would be great if you could just add and rename nodes in the default state profile tree and have them work with the dashboards. Can anyone from Flexsim say if there are plans to make user-defined states easier to work with?
Old 08-14-2014
Flexsim User

I found a way to display user-defined states in dashboards without needing to create a whole new state profile. To do this I renamed some nodes in the StateChart library class.

(project/library/statistics/StateChart>behaviour/eventfunctions/defaultutilizedstates)

This seems easier than creating a new state profile, but I'm unsure if there will be any unintended consequences of editing the library object like this. My model is attached for those interested. Note the dashboard displays the user-defined states (s1, s2, s3) while using the Default State Profile option.
Attached Files
File Type: fsm state_profiles_edit.fsm (16.3 KB, 32 views)

Tags
custom state, dashboard, state profile, time table

Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Custom State in Dashboard Pie Chart David Chan Q&A 3 05-19-2014 11:13 PM
Unable to set model start time with custom repeating Time Table? Ryan Davis Q&A 1 04-30-2014 05:00 PM
State report based on the operational time Simon Farsah Q&A 8 06-07-2011 01:42 AM
Setting Custom State Francois Perron Q&A 1 04-06-2009 02:37 AM
GUI State Graph Anthony Timmiss Q&A 6 01-26-2009 02:30 AM