ATTENTION

This FlexSim Community Forum is read-only. Please post any new questions, ideas, or discussions to our new community (we call it Answers) at https://answers.flexsim.com/. Our new Question & Answer site brings a modern, mobile-friendly interface and more focus on getting answers quickly. There are a few differences between how our new Q&A community works vs. a classic, threaded-conversation-style forum like the one below, so be sure to read our Answers Best Practices.

flexsim.com

Go Back   FlexSim Community Forum > FlexSim Software > Q&A
Downloads

Q&A Using Flexsim and building models

Old 08-28-2010
Flexsim User

Downloads: 70
Uploads: 0
Robert Liu is on a distinguished road
Default rack problem

I have a little problem when use rack:
Who can tell me how to place the pallet in bay1 of rack, each level one pallet? Place the green box in bay2 of rack, each level three pallet? In the model.

Thanks a lot.

/
Attached Files
File Type: zip rack.zip (47.8 KB, 181 views)

Last edited by Jason Lightfoot; 08-28-2010 at 08:53 AM. Reason: deleted free space
Old 08-28-2010
Flexsim Consultant

Downloads: 20
Jason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond repute

If this is all you need it will be simpler just to use two racks - one for each bay.

Last edited by Jason Lightfoot; 08-28-2010 at 09:31 AM.
Old 08-28-2010
Flexsim Consultant

Jason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond repute

For interest I've attached a solution which involves recording the numbers allocated to a bays in a label so that the pulling of items into the rack can be constrained even though they haven't been transported yet - checking the bay content doesn't allow for those waiting transport that have met the pull requirement.

This means triggers were needed on:

Reset: To clear the bayAllocation label.
PullRequirement: To check there are enough spaces in the bay and update bayAllocation
Place in Bay: To determine the bay based on itemtype.
Place in Level: To determine the cell capacity base on itemtype.
OnExit: To decrement the bayAllocation values. and schedule openInput
OnMessage: To open the input when one leaves in case items are waiting.

The code assumes each cell in a bay has the same capacity.

I've changed the number of products produced to fill the rack (plus one or two more) and added a dwelltime and a second rack to check the bayAllocation values as they leave.
Attached Files
File Type: zip rack_JL2.zip (53.8 KB, 193 views)
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jason Lightfoot For This Useful Post:
Tom David (08-31-2010)
Old 08-29-2010
Flexsim User

Thumbs up Dear Jason Lightfoot,Thanks a lot.

Dear Jason Lightfoot,

Thanks a lot.

Your answer is just I need. I want to know how to place the items in rack as my idea but not random. Maybe lighted by your help I can do something more, such as direction different item into individual place in the rack, and so on.
Thanks again. Best regards.
Old 08-29-2010
Flexsim Consultant

Here's the same model but using FirstAvailable for the level.
Attached Files
File Type: zip rack_JL3.zip (53.6 KB, 189 views)
The Following User Says Thank You to Jason Lightfoot For This Useful Post:
Tom David (08-31-2010)
Old 08-30-2010
Flexsim User

Thumbs up It's great!

The second model is just I wanted. Thanks again!

Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
problem with rack object mariogib Q&A 4 03-07-2009 12:40 PM