ATTENTION

This FlexSim Community Forum is read-only. Please post any new questions, ideas, or discussions to our new community (we call it Answers) at https://answers.flexsim.com/. Our new Question & Answer site brings a modern, mobile-friendly interface and more focus on getting answers quickly. There are a few differences between how our new Q&A community works vs. a classic, threaded-conversation-style forum like the one below, so be sure to read our Answers Best Practices.

flexsim.com

Go Back   FlexSim Community Forum > FlexSim Software > User Development
Downloads

User Development User developed add-ons to Flexsim

Old 02-05-2010
Flexsim User

Downloads: 147
Uploads: 0
zhang xin is on a distinguished road

we in China cannot see youtube.
Old 02-05-2010
FlexSim User

Downloads: 16
Olivier Pellegrin will become famous soon enough

Hi Zhang,

Try to dl this link:

http://www.op-consulting.net/video/4-robot_cells_HD.zip (151 Mo)

Use a FLV player (VLC or Riva).
Old 02-12-2010
Flexsim User

Downloads: 2
Ajaz Quddusi is on a distinguished road
Default Robotic Palletizer Simulation

Olivier

Yes; I checked out the 4 Robot Palletizer and also dowloaded it for my presentation use.

Now I am looking for a volunteer of Flexsim to customise a similar simulation for me for six robot palletizer stations in a food processing company.

Not sure how does it work in this comunity but I am willing to pay and terms can be settled separately. Check with Kris and if willing let him talk to me to collect more details
Old 02-13-2010
Flexsim Canada, Forum Moderator

Downloads: 54
Uploads: 1
Kris Geisberger has much to be proud ofKris Geisberger has much to be proud ofKris Geisberger has much to be proud ofKris Geisberger has much to be proud ofKris Geisberger has much to be proud ofKris Geisberger has much to be proud ofKris Geisberger has much to be proud ofKris Geisberger has much to be proud ofKris Geisberger has much to be proud ofKris Geisberger has much to be proud of

Hi Ajaz,

Sorry, I've been away for a while. You can contact me directly at [email protected] with your project requirements and we will proceed from there.

Kris
Old 03-04-2010
FlexSim User

Default ABB IRB 660

Dear Ajaz,

To answer to your interest on the Flexsim technology, you will find here below the link to a video showing the IRB 660:

http://www.op-consulting.net/video/ABBpub.rar

You can also find this video on our YouTube channel:

I hope this video can show you both the 3D render on Flexsim but especially the customization of the pallet product receiving.

Best regards, Olivier.
Old 04-09-2010
Flexsim User

Downloads: 439
syseo has a spectacular aura aboutsyseo has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olivier Pellegrin View Post
Dear Ajaz,

To answer to your interest on the Flexsim technology, you will find here below the link to a video showing the IRB 660:

http://www.op-consulting.net/video/ABBpub.rar

You can also find this video on our YouTube channel:

I hope this video can show you both the 3D render on Flexsim but especially the customization of the pallet product receiving.

Best regards, Olivier.
Dear Oliver Pellegrin.

Thank you for your ABB model.
I have a question about the way of the robot moving to-and-pro.

1) Can you explain how to do in detail?

2) Is it possible for the robot like the transporter to travel on the complex node?

I want to know the way or simple model.

All the best.
Old 04-09-2010
Flexsim Australia

Downloads: 114
Kenny Macleod will become famous soon enoughKenny Macleod will become famous soon enough
Default ABB Graphic2 files

Does anyone have, or know where to get, graphics files for an ABB's baby robot, the ABB IRC 120.

I've looked in all the normal online places but can't find one. I'm exhibiting at a conference and need it to replicate a real robot in a simulation.

Thanks, Kenny
Old 04-09-2010
Flexsim Distributor

Downloads: 278
Uploads: 2
Lars-Olof Leven is a splendid one to beholdLars-Olof Leven is a splendid one to beholdLars-Olof Leven is a splendid one to beholdLars-Olof Leven is a splendid one to beholdLars-Olof Leven is a splendid one to beholdLars-Olof Leven is a splendid one to beholdLars-Olof Leven is a splendid one to behold

Hi Kenny,

Try this link:
http://www.abb.se/product/seitp327/3...ry=SE&tabKey=7

The models that exist there is in different CAD formats like Step, Parasolid etc. to be able to use them in Flexsim you need a software that can read one of the format and then save in a format that can be used in Flexsim.

Lars-Olof
Old 04-09-2010
Flexsim Australia

Kenny Macleod will become famous soon enoughKenny Macleod will become famous soon enough

Thanks Lars-Olof, I don't have any converting software so was kind of hoping that someone would be able to point me to 3ds or wrl files.

I'll have a look about for a convertor.

Cheers, Kenny

Last edited by Kenny Macleod; 04-09-2010 at 07:19 AM. Reason: crazy Android phone makes wild assumptions on what it thinks i typed!
Old 04-09-2010
FlexSim Software Products

Downloads: 37
RalfGruber is a splendid one to beholdRalfGruber is a splendid one to beholdRalfGruber is a splendid one to beholdRalfGruber is a splendid one to beholdRalfGruber is a splendid one to beholdRalfGruber is a splendid one to beholdRalfGruber is a splendid one to behold
Default Okino Polytrans

Kenny,

Maurizio from Italy made me aware of the softare Polytrans from Okino. It can read several CAD file formats (depending on how much money you want to spend on additional importers ) and can export to vrml1.

I took the SolidWorks files from the link Lars-Olof posted and used Polytrans to convert them for you. Its on you to scale it correctly and I am sure, the results can even be better using the hundrets of options to adjust import and export...this was just standard.

Hope that helps.

ralle
aka
Ralf (Flexsim Germany)
Attached Files
File Type: zip IRB120assembly.zip (5.21 MB, 197 views)
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to RalfGruber For This Useful Post:
Lars-Olof Leven (04-09-2010)
Old 04-09-2010
Flexsim Australia

Wow! Thanks Ralf. If I can get it loaded and working, I'll load it up to the forum as a dowload for all.

Thanks, Kenny
Old 04-09-2010
Manager of Product Development

Downloads: 86
Uploads: 4
Anthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond repute

Flexsim 5's Animation Creator allows much more flexibility in creating and manipulating object sub-components, and Flexsim's new robot has some automatic calculation capability for the geometry of the robot that Kris' robot didn't have. So I wanted to see how long it would take me to get the IRB120 working in version 5. It took 45 minutes. Not too bad I'd say, although I've done it before, and I know the shortcuts. But nonetheless, 45 minutes is pretty quick in my opinion.

I'm including a simple version 5 robot model that uses the IRB120, including a composite visual .t file that you can just load into another robot if needed, through the General tab under Animations/Visuals.

I want to put together a little video showing the capability of the Animation Creator. Maybe I'll showcase it by doing this robot.
Attached Files
File Type: zip IRB120.zip (2.55 MB, 170 views)
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Anthony Johnson For This Useful Post:
syseo (04-11-2010)
Old 04-09-2010

Kris Geisberger has much to be proud ofKris Geisberger has much to be proud ofKris Geisberger has much to be proud ofKris Geisberger has much to be proud ofKris Geisberger has much to be proud ofKris Geisberger has much to be proud ofKris Geisberger has much to be proud ofKris Geisberger has much to be proud ofKris Geisberger has much to be proud ofKris Geisberger has much to be proud of

Good timing Anthony, just so happens Kenny is looking for the IRB120 right now. I tried to get the geometry closer to the real robot in this .t file.

The first time I posted, I forgot to "Save Base Positions" in Animation Creator before saving .t file. I noticed when I used the undo and the robot joints relocated to old positions.
Attached Files
File Type: zip IRB120CompositeVisual_KG1.zip (3.4 KB, 164 views)

Last edited by Kris Geisberger; 04-09-2010 at 02:12 PM. Reason: forgot to "Save Base Positions" in Animation Creator before saving .t file
The Following User Says Thank You to Kris Geisberger For This Useful Post:
Kenny Macleod (04-09-2010)
Old 04-09-2010
Flexsim Australia

Smile

Wow, thanks guys! I'll have a play with it and let you know how I get on.

I have a booth at the Material Handling exhibition, here in Melbourne, which is next to a young robotics guy (robotize.com.au, a good robotics news letter). He has borrowed an ABB 120 that will accept someone's business card, scan it, put it on a pile, then pick up and give them a Robotize card. I'm going to replicate it in Flexsim, maybe 2-3 replications with a question of "How many robots do you need to optimize your process?" .

I'll post the model when complete.

Thanks again, Kenny
Old 04-11-2010
Flexsim User

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony Johnson View Post
Flexsim 5's Animation Creator allows much more flexibility in creating and manipulating object sub-components, and Flexsim's new robot has some automatic calculation capability for the geometry of the robot that Kris' robot didn't have. So I wanted to see how long it would take me to get the IRB120 working in version 5. It took 45 minutes. Not too bad I'd say, although I've done it before, and I know the shortcuts. But nonetheless, 45 minutes is pretty quick in my opinion.

I'm including a simple version 5 robot model that uses the IRB120, including a composite visual .t file that you can just load into another robot if needed, through the General tab under Animations/Visuals.

I want to put together a little video showing the capability of the Animation Creator. Maybe I'll showcase it by doing this robot.
Thanks.

What I want to know is not the Robot in one place fixed but the robot traversing along the networknode on the rail or the path way like video.

So the robot is traversing on the rail or the networknode like AGV and at same time is working to moving the items like robot having the arms.

How can be it controlled?

Regards.
Old 04-11-2010
LINWEIXU

Downloads:
Uploads:

perhaps you need this like attach
Attached Files
File Type: zip 让机器手臂运动起来.zip (39.0 KB, 177 views)
Old 04-12-2010
FlexSim User

Dear Syseo,

This ABB robot is designed using a the 6-axis robot object developped by Kris (full available in v5 as standard).

So it is a task executer object (mobile resource) which can execute task sequences like transporter or operator. The only difference is that in the robot, the ASRS or the lift, standard missions are modified to apply the right object behaviors. The TRAVEL task is usually replace by an offset move where flowitems are picking up or dropping off based on the task rank into the task sequence.

In this particular demo case, I've just add a translation move to the robot after it picks up the flow item.

See the task management documentation in the user manual and make a trial with a basicTE (download a sample in this forum. Tom David creates good ones).

To explain it in details it will take too long. I will send you an email.

Best regards,
Olivier.
Old 04-12-2010
Flexsim User

Thank you for your kind and detail explain about just my question.

I will be waiting for your email.
My email is [email protected]
Old 04-12-2010
Flexsim User

Dear LINWEIXU.

Thank you for your replying and simple sample model for my question.

How can you control the traversing of Robot?
And why does it rotate?

I want to hear your replying.

Regards.
Old 04-12-2010

If you don't care about deceleration at the end of the traverse you can simply connect the Robot to a node network to allow it to respond to TRAVEL tasks. Use the speed parameters in the Robot's TaskExecuter tab to control the traverse speed.

Otherwise, you could load the Robot into another task executer then write a coordinated task sequence with TRAVELRELATIVE or TRAVELTOLOC tasks for this object to do the traversing. The coordinated task sequence is written in the RequestTransport field of the green conveyor. You can use a BasicTE and choose the first (and only) available pick options for the OnBegin, OnUpdate and OnFinish Offset fields.

To control the robot movements, you can use the Define Motion Paths robot mode... a help file will be available in the final v5 release.
Attached Files
File Type: zip traversing robot.zip (61.4 KB, 178 views)
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Kris Geisberger For This Useful Post:
Tom David (04-12-2010)

Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
problem with automatic generation of objects by using a user library and c++ Martin Saler Q&A 17 06-05-2009 09:56 AM
About CT library... syseo Container Terminal (CT) Library 0 11-17-2007 07:41 AM