ATTENTION

This FlexSim Community Forum is read-only. Please post any new questions, ideas, or discussions to our new community (we call it Answers) at https://answers.flexsim.com/. Our new Question & Answer site brings a modern, mobile-friendly interface and more focus on getting answers quickly. There are a few differences between how our new Q&A community works vs. a classic, threaded-conversation-style forum like the one below, so be sure to read our Answers Best Practices.

flexsim.com

Go Back   FlexSim Community Forum > FlexSim Software > User Development
Downloads

User Development User developed add-ons to Flexsim

Old 08-11-2011
Flexsim Canada, Forum Moderator

Downloads: 54
Uploads: 1
Kris Geisberger has much to be proud ofKris Geisberger has much to be proud ofKris Geisberger has much to be proud ofKris Geisberger has much to be proud ofKris Geisberger has much to be proud ofKris Geisberger has much to be proud ofKris Geisberger has much to be proud ofKris Geisberger has much to be proud ofKris Geisberger has much to be proud ofKris Geisberger has much to be proud of
Default Heat Map

I know there are many applications available to create heat maps, but sometimes it is useful to see the data evolve through time without leaving Flexsim.

I made a GUI that you can direct to any Global Table or custom data table node to draw a heat map of the numerical data. It comes with 3 visual modes and some filters. It's speed could be improved, but it was good enough for my needs. Feel free to share any improvements you make, or example models.

I have attached a model of possibly the most obvious use of a heat map in Flexsim (map of operator travel), but I am sure ideas will start to flow once you play with it. A User Event that populates the Operator Heat Map at a set interval.

Save the red box to a User Library and use it in your models.

Enjoy!
Attached Files
File Type: fsm HeatMap_v5.12.fsm (70.0 KB, 293 views)
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Kris Geisberger For This Useful Post:
Warren Wu (08-27-2011)