ATTENTION

This FlexSim Community Forum is read-only. Please post any new questions, ideas, or discussions to our new community (we call it Answers) at https://answers.flexsim.com/. Our new Question & Answer site brings a modern, mobile-friendly interface and more focus on getting answers quickly. There are a few differences between how our new Q&A community works vs. a classic, threaded-conversation-style forum like the one below, so be sure to read our Answers Best Practices.

flexsim.com

Go Back   FlexSim Community Forum > FlexSim Software > Q&A
Downloads

Q&A Using Flexsim and building models

Old 06-09-2010
FlexSim Distributor

Downloads: 109
Uploads: 0
Flavio Brito is on a distinguished road
Default Using more than one TE continuously

Hi,

I would like to know if there is any way to move flowitem from one point to another with more than two TE continuously, without programation. If I need to use programation, which command is advisable?

In attached file, I made that, but only with 2 TE.

Thanks.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Simple_model.zip (32.7 KB, 164 views)
Old 06-09-2010
Flexsim User

Downloads: 100
Uploads: 1
Pablo Concha is just really nicePablo Concha is just really nicePablo Concha is just really nicePablo Concha is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flavio Brito View Post
Hi,

I would like to know if there is any way to move flowitem from one point to another with more than two TE continuously, without programation. If I need to use programation, which command is advisable?

In attached file, I made that, but only with 2 TE.

Thanks.
I don't seea problem with the model, it's using 2 TE becouse it doesn't need the 3rd. if for example you set the capacity of the processor to 2, the model will start using the 3rd. but the model as it is doesn't get to use the 3rd TE.

regards...

Pablo Concha E.
Old 06-09-2010
FlexSim Distributor

Pablo,

Thanks, but I did not get yet the solution. I need to add about 10 TE in this example, but I don´t wanna change the capacity of processor. Probably in attached file you see this clearly. The objective of that is identify the bottlenecks, that's why I can't change the capacity.

Cheers,

Flávio.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Simple_model.zip (35.3 KB, 152 views)

Last edited by Flavio Brito; 06-09-2010 at 01:35 PM.
Old 06-10-2010
Flexsim User

Downloads: 52
Sebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to behold

So you want to transport items continously to the processor? And this not only if the processor needs the items? Should the TE stop in front of processor, until they can unload?
If yes your solution could be a queue. For finding bottlenecks queues can be helpfully anyway. Only stopping the TE and wait for unload will be a little programming effort.
Old 06-10-2010
FlexSim Distributor

Yes, I need transport the items continuously to processor or queue, I tried to use the programming only with two TE, but something is wrong, one TE load item, and other only follow the first without anything (check the attached). Someone can help me please? If I put another TE following this logic I won't have problems, right?

Thanks very much by support
Attached Files
File Type: zip Simple_model2.zip (33.5 KB, 156 views)
Old 06-11-2010
Flexsim User

Downloads: 30
Danny Pavan will become famous soon enoughDanny Pavan will become famous soon enough

I'm not sure that I really understand your objective so my modifications my not meet your needs.

I modified your second model. I deleted the first queue and replaced it with a new queue and a dispatcher. I am using the default behaviour for "use transport" on the flowtab of the new queue and the default behaviour of the dispatcher.

I added another TE and attach it to the dispatcher. You can add as many as you want.

Danny
Attached Files
File Type: zip Simple_model2_modified.zip (40.2 KB, 156 views)
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Danny Pavan For This Useful Post:
Tom David (06-11-2010)

Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
about model's continuously running Frans Zeng Q&A 10 05-21-2010 12:47 AM
Continuously Move Li Chin Q&A 12 10-13-2008 03:49 AM