ATTENTION

This FlexSim Community Forum is read-only. Please post any new questions, ideas, or discussions to our new community (we call it Answers) at https://answers.flexsim.com/. Our new Question & Answer site brings a modern, mobile-friendly interface and more focus on getting answers quickly. There are a few differences between how our new Q&A community works vs. a classic, threaded-conversation-style forum like the one below, so be sure to read our Answers Best Practices.

flexsim.com

Go Back   FlexSim Community Forum > FlexSim Software > Q&A
Downloads

Q&A Using Flexsim and building models

Old 08-15-2012
Flexsim User

Downloads: 7
Uploads: 0
Uri Schtalheim is on a distinguished road
Default Elevator in shopingmal

I am looking for a Modell or ideas to solve the following Problem. Is there any experience/ pre-defined Models for solving such Problems:

The Parking has 9 floors. There are 3 floors with direct access to the Mall. There are 4 elevators today. Each elevator has a capacity of 21 people. The waiting time of customers is high.

Question: How much would the waiting time change, if instead of 4 elevators 6 elevators With a capacity of 15 people would be built.

Input Parameter: Interarivaltime of passengers in each floor, Target floor for each passenger, Elevator Logic.

Thanks Uri
Old 08-17-2012
Flexsim User

Downloads: 35
Jörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond repute

I don't think there is a model someone will share with you. But my approach would be, to build the most logic in the break to requirement of the elevator. If the current tasksequence goes up, it breaks to all the not begun tasksequences in the same direction of travel: first to all at same floor, then to the tasksequnces to the next floor and so on. Therefore the Flowitems leave the elevator at the right floor change their priority OnLoad trigger. The next floor has the highest priority eg 100. All Flowitems leaving there get this priority 100. Best could be to assign a fix priority sequence for the traveldirection.
The second stage is to build a logic, how the costumers behave: How long they wait, before they choose another elevator or if they enter an elevator, even it goes in the wrong way. Here you have to be certain the first choosen elevator hasn't received a tasksequence already. Then you can transfer the tasksequence out of its tasksequencequeue to another elevator.

Jörg
Old 08-17-2012
Flexsim User

Downloads: 52
Sebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to behold

I think I would try to build something like a Milkrun modell where the floors are the different loading / unloading stations. This means I would take a TE, give it some tasksequences for traveling and give the floors a Networknode where the load/unload logic will be started.

Just started building an elevator model some time ago, but it´s specified to another question. So it wouldn´t make sense to share.

Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Elevator Question - Life's ups and downs Kenny Macleod FlexSim HC: Q&A 6 04-09-2010 08:52 PM
Elevator David Chan Q&A 2 02-20-2008 07:20 PM