ATTENTION

This FlexSim Community Forum is read-only. Please post any new questions, ideas, or discussions to our new community (we call it Answers) at https://answers.flexsim.com/. Our new Question & Answer site brings a modern, mobile-friendly interface and more focus on getting answers quickly. There are a few differences between how our new Q&A community works vs. a classic, threaded-conversation-style forum like the one below, so be sure to read our Answers Best Practices.

flexsim.com

Go Back   FlexSim Community Forum > FlexSim Software > Q&A
Downloads

Q&A Using Flexsim and building models

Old 03-30-2010
Flexsim User

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
william aponte is on a distinguished road
Default How to debug through vcpp project?

I added some code to a processor component. I can see this code be part of the all.cpp file in the created vcpp solution when I open Visual Studio. This code calls on a .lib I created using debug configuration. I have no compilation or linking errors when compiling the model.

However, I would like to debug through the all.cpp processor component code in the vcpp solution as well as in my .lib so I could trace values. When I use Visual Studio tools->attach to process.. to attach to the flexsimRTa.exe I get a message saying "binary was not built with debug information". I also get many more messages saying "No symbols loaded" for any other dll the flexsimRTa.exe loads. I manually change the vcpp solution configuration to Debug but the change doesn't take effect. The result vcpp solution is always built as release regardless.

What can I do to be able to debug through the vcpp solution? Specifically, code added by components like the processors and any user .lib the component may be calling.

Thank you in advance for the help!
Old 03-30-2010
Flexsim Development

Downloads: 109
Uploads: 18
Thanked 1,483 Times in 525 Posts
Phil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond repute

This is explained in this thread: http://www.flexsim.com/community/for...read.php?t=444
Old 03-30-2010
Flexsim User

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
william aponte is on a distinguished road
Default debugging information corrupt; recompile module

I keep on getting the bottom linking error:

creating file: C:\Program Files\Flexsim4\program\flexsimRTb.exe
Creating library ..\..\flexsimRTb.lib and object ..\..\flexsimRTb.exp
flexsimlib.lib(avimaker.obj) : fatal error LNK1103: debugging information corrupt; recompile module

Even when I undo the changes to the allobj.txt, allobjectsobj.txt, and flexsimexeB.txt.

Have you seen this before?

Thanks.
Old 04-08-2010
Flexsim Development

Downloads: 109
Uploads: 18
Thanked 1,483 Times in 525 Posts
Phil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond repute

For future reference of those that may read this thread:

It turns out that the "debugging information corrupt; recompile module" error had something to do with the version of Visual Studio that is being used to build with debug information and possibly an out-of-date platform sdk.

Installing the latest Visual C++ Express version fixed the issue.
The Following User Says Thank You to Phil BoBo For This Useful Post:
Jörg Vogel (04-02-2015)

Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Newbie in need of help for school project on school bus simulation model Jason Lim Q&A 3 09-18-2009 06:16 AM
Version 4.5 project license / demo Lolke Koopmans Product Announcements 1 01-15-2009 10:59 AM
Access flexsim-dll-project in Google Code AlanZhang Wiki Articles 0 06-27-2008 12:43 PM
profileevents() and order of event nodes under project/exec/events Tom David Q&A 3 05-15-2008 11:33 PM
Simulation Project Engineering Positions Available Cliff King Training, Consulting, Employment 0 03-19-2008 07:13 PM