ATTENTION

This FlexSim Community Forum is read-only. Please post any new questions, ideas, or discussions to our new community (we call it Answers) at https://answers.flexsim.com/. Our new Question & Answer site brings a modern, mobile-friendly interface and more focus on getting answers quickly. There are a few differences between how our new Q&A community works vs. a classic, threaded-conversation-style forum like the one below, so be sure to read our Answers Best Practices.

flexsim.com

Go Back   FlexSim Community Forum > FlexSim Software > Q&A
Downloads

Q&A Using Flexsim and building models

Old 12-12-2013
Flexsim User

Downloads: 29
Uploads: 0
Simon Jutz is on a distinguished road
Default Reorder point system - deterministic arrival schedule

Hello all!

I want to transform my conceptual model to a simulation model in Flexsim andunfortunately I am stuck with basics:

I consider a very small production line with a source, a processor, a finished goods inventory (FGI - represented by the Flexsim object “queue”) and the sink. To keep things simple we don’t consider a multi-item case. The line produces only one product.

The production line faces a constant demand pattern, which means that within eachperiod (period length = 1440 min = 1 day) a certain deterministic amount of items get pulled out from the FGI. The inventory in front of the sink is controlled by a simple reorder point system. Once the inventory level falls below a certain level, a new order has to be release from the source to the processor in front of the FGI. Therefore, the arrival pattern is inherently influenced by the deterministic demand pattern. Of course in order to get the production systemrun, we have to assume a certain initial inventory level.

Questions:

1. How can I implement this demand pattern to Flexsim? In a global table – in the columns the ongoing periods and in the rows the specific demand in the respective period?

2. How is a reorder point system programmed? Is this done in the queue menu? “Flow” or “queue triggers”? Or maybe I have to track the inventory level via a User Event Script in a separate global table? Once the inventory level falls below a certain reorder point, anew order is released…

3. Is it possible to place a certain start inventory of flow items in the FGI before start running the model?

4. I thought of an arrival schedule that always releases once the reorder point system gives a sign (‘reorder pointundershot’). How can I establish this connection between the reoder point system (in the queue) and the source?

5. I already had a look at some sample which gave me some insights. However a classic reorder point system was notpart of it.

Sample1: /downloadPages/file&id=142

Sample2: /downloadPages/file&id=210

Thank you very much for your help – I appreciate every single hint!

Simon

Last edited by Simon Jutz; 12-13-2013 at 07:07 AM.
Old 12-17-2013
FlexSim Software Products

Downloads: 37
RalfGruber is a splendid one to beholdRalfGruber is a splendid one to beholdRalfGruber is a splendid one to beholdRalfGruber is a splendid one to beholdRalfGruber is a splendid one to beholdRalfGruber is a splendid one to beholdRalfGruber is a splendid one to behold

Simon,

attached is a model which hopefully does, what you want.
Try to understand what I was doing and come back to me with any questions you might have. Just a few hints to help you:
- Demand is controlled by Global Table Demand, UserEventDemandDay (in Tools) and SinkDemand
- Reorder is controlled by FGI and SourceRaw and the parameters are set up in the FGI's labels.

Good luck!

Ralf
FlexSim
Attached Files
File Type: fsm DemandDrivenProduction.fsm (73.4 KB, 67 views)
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to RalfGruber For This Useful Post:
Simon Jutz (12-18-2013)
Old 12-19-2013
Flexsim User

Downloads: 29
Simon Jutz is on a distinguished road

Hello Ralf!

Thank you very much! In deed, this sample is very helpful!
Unfortunately I work with a rather old version of Flexsim (4.2.7) and I cannot access the "User Events" in the Tool Menu (not with the Evaluation Version - FlexSim7 nor with my licenced version). Would it be possible to pass me the user event script too?

Thank you very much again!

Simon

Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Modifying the arrival schedule of the Source Object at runtime Vadim Fooks Q&A 2 01-22-2013 11:52 PM
Command for point to containing treenode Christian Norregaard Q&A 2 04-26-2012 03:42 AM
Arrival schedule Source Nico Zahn Q&A 3 12-15-2008 04:23 AM
How to use the actual date/time data in Arrival Schedule Mode of Source syseo Q&A 0 10-12-2007 08:22 PM