ATTENTION

This FlexSim Community Forum is read-only. Please post any new questions, ideas, or discussions to our new community (we call it Answers) at https://answers.flexsim.com/. Our new Question & Answer site brings a modern, mobile-friendly interface and more focus on getting answers quickly. There are a few differences between how our new Q&A community works vs. a classic, threaded-conversation-style forum like the one below, so be sure to read our Answers Best Practices.

flexsim.com

Go Back   FlexSim Community Forum > FlexSim Software > Q&A
Downloads

Q&A Using Flexsim and building models

Old 09-22-2008
Flexsim User

Downloads: 4
Uploads: 0
Li Chin is on a distinguished road
Default Continuously Move

I want the empty car(no mission) will continuously move along the same direction, not stop in the bay.

Can I do it?
Attached Files
File Type: zip 2.zip (45.5 KB, 737 views)
Old 09-22-2008
Flexsim User

Downloads: 35
Jörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,

you can create a traveltask on the OnUnload-trigger of the transporter to the networknode (NN4). On the arriveltrigger of that node you create a traveltask to a network node (eg. NN5). On this arrivel trigger you create also a traveltask back to NN4. The transporter travels without a stop. To break its run you should create a standard tasksequence for your own at the queue (Tab: Flow, field: Request Transport From) with a preempt command (preempt_only = 1)

The createemptytasksequece-command might look like:

treenode ts = createemptytasksequence(centerobject(current,1),0, 1 );

If the transporter never deliver a item, the network node, which sends the transporter back to the node at the queue, should not be connected then to a delivering station.

Jörg
The Following User Says Thank You to Jörg Vogel For This Useful Post:
Li Chin (09-23-2008)
Old 09-24-2008
Flexsim User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jörg Vogel View Post
Hi,

you can create a traveltask on the OnUnload-trigger of the transporter to the networknode (NN4). On the arriveltrigger of that node you create a traveltask to a network node (eg. NN5). On this arrivel trigger you create also a traveltask back to NN4. The transporter travels without a stop. To break its run you should create a standard tasksequence for your own at the queue (Tab: Flow, field: Request Transport From) with a preempt command (preempt_only = 1)

The createemptytasksequece-command might look like:

treenode ts = createemptytasksequence(centerobject(current,1),0, 1 );

If the transporter never deliver a item, the network node, which sends the transporter back to the node at the queue, should not be connected then to a delivering station.

Jörg

I don't know how to do. It is difficult to do it.
Can you post simple model to me.
Thanks your help.
Old 09-25-2008
Flexsim User

How to "On the arriveltrigger of that node you create a traveltask to a network node"?
I don't how to write the code on arriveltrigger. I have tried many times, but always falied. Or have else ways?

Thanks.
Old 09-25-2008
Flexsim User

Jörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,

it is a deprecated command, but works fine for me.

createtraveltask(node("/Transporter9",model()),node("/NN4",model()));

Jörg
Li Chin (09-27-2008)
Old 09-27-2008
Flexsim User

Thanks your answer.
Now I can continuously move on empty car, but I add a code
"treenode ts = createemptytasksequence(centerobject(current,1),0, 1 );" in "Request Transport From".

It is still continuously move on node, not to transport the item.
I don't know Why?
Old 09-27-2008
Flexsim User

Hi Li Chin,

there is a predefined function on the flow tab in the field "request transport from" you can choose. As I remember it is called Standard Tasksequence Example 1. In the code you find the command createemptytask sequence. so long your transporter is traveling without a stop. The transport doesn't break its traveling around the network. Therefore a tasksequence is needed, which interfere the traveling around. That you achieve by a PREEMPT_ONLY at the command createemptytasksequence. The last parameter of the command has to be one.
The standard tasksequence and the tasksequences at whole are a basic concept in flexsim. The traveling of taskexecuters is controlled by these methodes. Maybe you read about this concepts at the manual.

rgds
Jörg
Old 10-04-2008
Flexsim User

This is my model.
How to use "PREEMPT_ONLY" in my model.
It can't transfer a item, it is Continuously Move long time.
Attached Files
File Type: zip 4 fix.zip (76.6 KB, 249 views)
Old 10-06-2008
Flexsim User

Hallo Li Chin,

your model is for me too difficult to explain every solution step. I have been able to understand it after 2 hours. As an example I have used your model 2.fsm and built therein the modifications. The most important points are:
use priority for the transport from the processor,
use PREEMPT_AND_ABORT_ALL at the Onunload-trigger,
(This is useful because the number of taskesquence doesn't increase so much)
use a return value on the arrival-trigger of the network nodes.

Jörg

Last edited by Jörg Vogel; 12-03-2014 at 03:14 AM.
Li Chin (10-08-2008)
Old 10-08-2008
Flexsim User

Question

Quote:
Hallo Li Chin,

your model is for me too difficult to explain every solution step. I have been able to understand it after 2 hours. As an example I have used your model 2.fsm and built therein the modifications. The most important points are:
use priority for the transport from the processor,
use PREEMPT_AND_ABORT_ALL at the Onunload-trigger,
(This is useful because the number of taskesquence doesn't increase so much)
use a return value on the arrival-trigger of the network nodes.

Jörg

Thanks your reply...
If I use more than a car, I need to use a Dispatcher.
But it use the code, it's failed.
WHY????
Old 10-08-2008
Flexsim User

Hi,

the dispatcher passes the new tasksequences to an object which has nothing to do. But all your transporters have something to do. they travel around. If I choose the round robin fashion at the pass to option of the dispatcher the transporter fetch the items from the processors and deliver them to the queue.

Jörg

Last edited by Jörg Vogel; 12-03-2014 at 03:13 AM.
Li Chin (10-12-2008)
Old 10-12-2008
Flexsim User

Quote:
Hi,

the dispatcher passes the new tasksequences to an object which has nothing to do. But all your transporters have something to do. they travel around. If I choose the round robin fashion at the pass to option of the dispatcher the transporter fetch the items from the processors and deliver them to the queue.

Jörg
The model can't transfer a item.
The queastion is same. Thank you very much.
Old 10-13-2008
Flexsim User

you are right, the model 2a has some flaws.
All my models to this thread are lost.

Jörg

Last edited by Jörg Vogel; 12-03-2014 at 03:17 AM.
Li Chin (10-13-2008)

Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Crane Move Sung Kim Q&A 2 06-05-2008 03:03 PM
Unable to move the view by left-click dragging? Regan Blackett Tips and Tricks 0 08-03-2007 10:01 AM