ATTENTION

This FlexSim Community Forum is read-only. Please post any new questions, ideas, or discussions to our new community (we call it Answers) at https://answers.flexsim.com/. Our new Question & Answer site brings a modern, mobile-friendly interface and more focus on getting answers quickly. There are a few differences between how our new Q&A community works vs. a classic, threaded-conversation-style forum like the one below, so be sure to read our Answers Best Practices.

flexsim.com

Go Back   FlexSim Community Forum > FlexSim Software > Q&A
Downloads

Q&A Using Flexsim and building models

Old 07-14-2011
Flexsim User

Downloads: 16
Uploads: 0
Fernando Fan is on a distinguished road
Default How can I generate the flowitems from the source like this?

I could like to generate the flowitems from the source like this:

I want the flowitems ( some Boxes) with the different quantity, itemtype and color for each arrival. The Inter- arrival time for the flowitems could follow weibull distribution.

More important, How can I get the same sequence of the flowitems in second time simulation when I reseted the model after first simulation.
( that means, i wanna get the same sequence of the flowitems for each simulation)

( I am a very new users of flexsim) Please give kind advice and hits.
Thank you very much
Old 07-14-2011
Flexsim User

Downloads: 52
Sebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to behold

Source:
You could use Arrival Schedule in the Source. Setting color and Itemtypes are standard functions in Triggers.
To learn more about this, try to do Toturials;-)

Repeating Statistics:
In the Statistics Tab you got the option "Repeat Randoms Streams". Turning this on will repeats all statistic distributions in your model.
As far as I know, it´s not possible to turn it on for only one object.

Last edited by Sebastian Hemmann; 07-14-2011 at 09:29 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Sebastian Hemmann For This Useful Post:
RalfGruber (07-14-2011)
Old 07-15-2011
Flexsim User

Thank you for your repley.

I understand Arrival Schedule can set those parameter and set color, Itemtypes in triggers - onCreation

however, if i want to generate the flowitem in weibull distribution, and each time the source can generate 10- 15 flowitems with same itemtype and color, Then next arrival time will generate other 10- 15 flowitems with same itemtype and color. I know Arrival Schedule can set it, but how can make it follow weibull distribution without setting a arrival time.
(The source should generate a set of flowitems follow weibull distribution for each day)

Also, for weibull distribution, what is the meaning of (0, 1, 2, 0) ?
I found the repeat random steams, thank you
Old 07-15-2011
Flexsim User

Sebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to behold

This sounds a little more difficult.

Setting Itemtype:
You can set the Itemtype at any point in your model. This means you even could do it in a Queue or somewhere else.

Weibull distribution:
Here you should have a look at the Commands describtion, you can find in Flexsim Help. Think it´s very well explained there.

For your Problem:
I understood it the way, you want to create 10 - 15 Items with same color and Itemtype. Then changing both.
I would set the Weibull distribution in Inter- Arrivaltime option.
Further create three Labels on this Source called "TargetCounter", "Counter" and "NewItemType". If your Itemtype really should change every 10 - 15 you will need another distribution here and some Query.

Attached an example Model. This only works for the first 4 Itemtypes. For more you should think about the logic to color items. Tried to explain what I´ve done in the Triggers.
Attached Files
File Type: fsm Weibull_Example_SH.fsm (50.7 KB, 177 views)
Old 07-15-2011
Talumis, Flexsim Distributor, The Netherlands

Downloads: 43
Steven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond repute

A more simpler approach would be to use a source with an interarrival time using the weibull distribution and after the source use a separator with a splitting quantity of duniform(10,15). On the exittrigger of the separator you can set any label, itemtype etc. You can use getinput() function to determine which batch you are using.
The Following User Says Thank You to Steven Hamoen For This Useful Post:
Fernando Fan (07-15-2011)
Old 07-15-2011
Flexsim User

Thanks Steven,
this even would be much easier. But I understood it the way, that the single items should arrive by weibull distribution!?

Don´t got easier ways in mind. Maybe anybody else?
Old 07-15-2011
Flexsim User

Is it possible to release Items with weibull distribution out of Seperator?
Old 07-15-2011
Talumis, Flexsim Distributor, The Netherlands

Downloads: 43
Steven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond repute

You could place a processor behind the separator and have a weibull as a processtime maybe.
The Following User Says Thank You to Steven Hamoen For This Useful Post:
Sebastian Hemmann (07-15-2011)
Old 07-15-2011
Flexsim User

Thanks Steven,
so there is an easy solution without programming.
Old 07-15-2011
Flexsim User

Now the source can create 10 - 15 Items with same color and Itemtype. Then changing both. It is similar what I want.

if I want to create 10 - 15 Items with same color and Itemtype at the same time ( not one by one), then changing both for next time, is it possible?

Thank for your reply!
Old 07-15-2011
Flexsim User

This would be Stevens solution with Seperator. For this you only need 1 Item from Source and Seperator creates 10 - 15.
Old 07-15-2011
Flexsim User

Can you attach a simply model for me to better understanding?

I have tried to build, but not success
Old 07-15-2011
Flexsim User

Think this may help!?
Wish you much luck.
Attached Files
File Type: fsm Example_Seperator_SH.fsm (28.7 KB, 195 views)

Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
CSV File Created by clicking "Generate Report" Joe Allen Q&A 8 04-05-2011 09:20 PM
Blocked source Congshi Wang Q&A 3 11-01-2010 06:55 AM
"Generate full Report" causing crash or error Paul Dowling Q&A 5 09-23-2010 11:04 AM
Using TE FlowItems to Transport other FlowItems juan alberto Q&A 13 09-13-2009 09:00 AM
Generate flowitems according to time schedules on globaltable sophia yao Q&A 1 07-18-2008 07:37 AM