ATTENTION

This FlexSim Community Forum is read-only. Please post any new questions, ideas, or discussions to our new community (we call it Answers) at https://answers.flexsim.com/. Our new Question & Answer site brings a modern, mobile-friendly interface and more focus on getting answers quickly. There are a few differences between how our new Q&A community works vs. a classic, threaded-conversation-style forum like the one below, so be sure to read our Answers Best Practices.

flexsim.com

Go Back   FlexSim Community Forum > FlexSim Software > Tips and Tricks
Downloads

Tips and Tricks Share helpful modeling ideas

Old 04-24-2012
René Gutiérrez

Downloads: 38
Uploads: 0
Gutirallo is on a distinguished road
Default Cell Data v/s Time graph

Hi,

I want to plot the dinamic value of a cell in a global tablel v/s time. I know there is a cartesian sample that i can use but i can`t see it in my flexsim.

I think it must to be easy but...

If someone can helpme...

René.
Old 04-25-2012
Flexsim User

Downloads: 8
Jens Mühlheimer will become famous soon enoughJens Mühlheimer will become famous soon enough

I'm not a 100% sure if I understood you right. But you might use the WatchList feature to montor the variable and use the OnChange Trigger to write the current value and time stamp to a GlobalTable.
Old 04-26-2012
Flexsim Development

Downloads: 109
Uploads: 18
Thanked 1,483 Times in 525 Posts
Phil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond repute

If you are using a global table, then you don't need a watch list because you change the value yourself. Wherever you change the value, store the prior value in a list somewhere.

Also, in version 6, you can just use a tracked variable and it will do this for you automatically every time you change the tracked variable's value. You can then see a graph of the tracked variable's values over time.
Old 06-11-2012
Flexsim User

Downloads: 52
Sebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to behold

Hi Phil,

could you please explain how to add a tracked variable? It´s not my problem to push the ADD Button but how to get the variable live?
I got a label that shows the content of a complex system but not about all items in model. Am searching for a way to display this data vs time as graph.
Hope using tracked variable is the right way, or is there anybody got another nice idea?

Last edited by Sebastian Hemmann; 06-11-2012 at 04:22 AM.
Old 06-11-2012
Flexsim Consultant

Downloads: 20
Jason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond repute

I think you'll need to use settrackedvariable(name,value)
The Following User Says Thank You to Jason Lightfoot For This Useful Post:
Sebastian Hemmann (06-12-2012)
Old 06-11-2012
Flexsim User

Downloads: 52
Sebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to behold

Thanks for this information.
Only one further question to go sure I understood everything right:
I do have to set the tracked variable everytime I change value in label?

So it will have to look like:

Code:
setlabelnum(current,"Mylabel",1);
settrackedvariable(TrackedVariable3,getlabelnum(current,"Mylabel"));
!?

Just thougt it might work like declaring a global variable.
Old 06-11-2012
Flexsim Development

Downloads: 109
Uploads: 18
Thanked 1,483 Times in 525 Posts
Phil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond repute

You use settrackedvariable() instead of setlabelnum() and gettrackedvariable() instead of getlabelnum().

It works more like a label than a global variable because you have to set and get with commands.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Phil BoBo For This Useful Post:
Sebastian Hemmann (06-12-2012)

Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Custom GUI: Graph OnDraw Phil BoBo Tips and Tricks 2 05-16-2013 03:48 AM
Need Example Graph in a UI ( With the Graph Control) Gleny Rodriguez Q&A 2 06-09-2010 08:31 AM
GUI State Graph Anthony Timmiss Q&A 6 01-26-2009 02:30 AM
State Graph in Model Control GUI Tom David Q&A 4 11-21-2007 12:50 AM
How to use the actual date/time data in Arrival Schedule Mode of Source syseo Q&A 0 10-12-2007 08:22 PM