ATTENTION

This FlexSim Community Forum is read-only. Please post any new questions, ideas, or discussions to our new community (we call it Answers) at https://answers.flexsim.com/. Our new Question & Answer site brings a modern, mobile-friendly interface and more focus on getting answers quickly. There are a few differences between how our new Q&A community works vs. a classic, threaded-conversation-style forum like the one below, so be sure to read our Answers Best Practices.

flexsim.com

Go Back   FlexSim Community Forum > FlexSim Software > Q&A
Downloads

Q&A Using Flexsim and building models

Old 09-08-2008
Flexsim User

Downloads: 4
Uploads: 0
Li Chin is on a distinguished road
Default I have a "priority" question

I have two items(red and green). A red item is important, so it is the highest priority lot.
It have to be transferred in time.
How can I do? Thank you.
Attached Files
File Type: zip 1.zip (44.1 KB, 392 views)
Old 09-09-2008
Talumis, Flexsim Distributor, The Netherlands

Downloads: 43
Steven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Li,

As you might or might not know, the transport of the products between the machines is done by creating a tasksequence for the forklift truck. So if you want that a forklift truck picks up a product before another product, you have to set the priority of the tasksequence. that can be done with the "priority" box of the output part of the "flow" tab page.

But in your case you want that to be dynamic based on the product entering the processor, so what you can do is set the priority when the product enters. Your code should look like:

setvarnum( current, "transportpriority", 2 - getitemtype(item));

In this code "current" points to the processer itself
"transportpriority" is the name of the variable that stores the priority of the tasksequence that is being generated.
and because in your case the red products are itemtype 1 and the green are itemtype 2 I used the 2 - getitemtype because the higher the number the higher the priority.

Steven
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Steven Hamoen For This Useful Post:
Li Chin (09-09-2008)
Old 09-10-2008
Flexsim User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven Hamoen View Post
Hi Li,

As you might or might not know, the transport of the products between the machines is done by creating a tasksequence for the forklift truck. So if you want that a forklift truck picks up a product before another product, you have to set the priority of the tasksequence. that can be done with the "priority" box of the output part of the "flow" tab page.

But in your case you want that to be dynamic based on the product entering the processor, so what you can do is set the priority when the product enters. Your code should look like:

setvarnum( current, "transportpriority", 2 - getitemtype(item));

In this code "current" points to the processer itself
"transportpriority" is the name of the variable that stores the priority of the tasksequence that is being generated.
and because in your case the red products are itemtype 1 and the green are itemtype 2 I used the 2 - getitemtype because the higher the number the higher the priority.

Steven
I tried the method, but I defeated. I don't know the "code" how to do?
Maybe I should detailed answer!
Help me!! Thank you.
Old 09-10-2008

Steven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond repute

Li,

I can't post your model back because you are working with an old version that needs compiling. So please upgrade your Flexsim and I can post a model.

For now, simply copy the statement I gave you on the "onentry" trigger of every processor. That should do the trick.

Steven
Old 09-10-2008
Flexsim User

Quote:
Li,

I can't post your model back because you are working with an old version that needs compiling. So please upgrade your Flexsim and I can post a model.

For now, simply copy the statement I gave you on the "onentry" trigger of every processor. That should do the trick.

Steven
Now I use the new version. Can you post model to me.
Thank you!
Attached Files
File Type: zip 1.zip (48.6 KB, 255 views)
Old 09-11-2008

Here is the new model.
Attached Files
File Type: zip 1_talumis.zip (50.9 KB, 301 views)
The Following User Says Thank You to Steven Hamoen For This Useful Post:
Li Chin (09-15-2008)
Old 09-15-2008
Flexsim User

Quote:
Here is the new model.
Dear sir

Thanks for your model.But now I have a problem.
The red items is higher priority, so transporters to carry before the green items.
The question is:

If a red item has finished by a processor currently and a forklift truck is ready to pick up a green items(transfer yet), the forklift truck have to change its goal. That is transfer reditem before green. But the model can't do. I can't do it, so I need help. Is it possible to do it?

Best Regards

Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The "Simple Question" Thread Xavier Jackson Q&A 202 08-10-2009 09:44 AM
Is it possible one object comprised of the function of "combiner" and "separetor"? Vic Li Q&A 1 08-19-2008 04:41 AM
about "no select" and "show parameter window from side bar" qin tian Gripes and Goodies 3 03-21-2008 08:10 AM
I have a problem about " priority" Vic Li Q&A 0 03-20-2008 06:31 AM
"Getting Started" and "Tutorial" models for v4.01 Cliff King Product Announcements 0 12-10-2007 07:34 PM