ATTENTION

This FlexSim Community Forum is read-only. Please post any new questions, ideas, or discussions to our new community (we call it Answers) at https://answers.flexsim.com/. Our new Question & Answer site brings a modern, mobile-friendly interface and more focus on getting answers quickly. There are a few differences between how our new Q&A community works vs. a classic, threaded-conversation-style forum like the one below, so be sure to read our Answers Best Practices.

flexsim.com

Go Back   FlexSim Community Forum > FlexSim Software > Gripes and Goodies
Downloads

Gripes and Goodies Software problems and suggestions

Old 08-18-2011
Flexsim User

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Lydia Franck is on a distinguished road
Default Scale contents in pallet

Hi all,

I have a model with two conveyors and some robots picking parts from the first conveyor and placing them to pallets on the second conveyor. As the conveyors are 500 cm long they are scaled and so are the parts and pallets on the conveyor (I chose "scale product size with virtual length" in the conveyor properties). When a robot picks a part, it gets unscaled (OK) but keeps unscaled or is scaled only in height when placing it to a pallet. For the pallet, I also chose "scale contents" - which does not seem to work!

Can anybody help me? Many thanks in advance.

Best regards, Lydia.

Last edited by Lydia Franck; 08-18-2011 at 05:09 AM. Reason: exact name of option for conveyors
Old 08-24-2011
Flexsim User

Downloads: 8
Jens Mühlheimer will become famous soon enoughJens Mühlheimer will become famous soon enough

Hey Lydia,

I don't know if I understood you correctly, but does the size of the of the parts you are simulating actually change in reality?
If not, you might just want to edit the dimensions of your flowitems to your actual dimensions, since in reality your "real flowitems" have to fit on the conveyor system and also on the pallets anyways, then Flexsim should do the rest.

Best
Jens
Old 08-24-2011
Flexsim User

Downloads: 0
Lydia Franck is on a distinguished road

Hey Jens,

thanks for your answer. The parts do not change in size in reality, so I just would like to do what you suggest!

The actual dimensions are:
- conveyor length 500 cm
- pallet length/width 20 cm, height 5 cm
- part length/width 5 cm, height 2,5 cm
I chose
- "Scale product size with virtual length" for the conveyors
- "Scale contents" for the conveyors
- "Scale contents" for the robots
- "Scale contents" for the pallets

The parts and pallets are nicely scaled on the conveyors but once the robot picks a part it gets huge and keeps huge after being placed on a pallet.

As a workaround I do the scaling manually ...

Best
Lydia
Old 08-24-2011
Flexsim User

Downloads: 52
Sebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to behold

Think this is a bug. Roboter shouldn´t change itemsize when picking up one. Maybe we should have a look where the bug is created.
Old 08-24-2011
Flexsim Consultant

Downloads: 20
Jason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond repute

It's how Flexsim uses the nochildscale attribute which denotes whether the contents are scaled. While the size change at the robot is correct, I confirm that the scaling of an item on the pallet that is on the conveyor appears to be incorrect.

Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
How to dispatch two or more operators to unload box packed in Pallet? Ilivid zheng Q&A 2 01-12-2011 08:48 AM
Stack Pallet on Pallet Gavin Douglas Q&A 4 10-07-2009 05:53 AM
Unpack an pallet Michael Hartlieb Q&A 3 07-20-2009 09:04 AM
simple pallet question (i think) bsantens Q&A 2 03-23-2009 11:39 AM
Box Picking from a pallet in a rack Michael Hartlieb Q&A 9 12-11-2008 10:12 AM