ATTENTION

This FlexSim Community Forum is read-only. Please post any new questions, ideas, or discussions to our new community (we call it Answers) at https://answers.flexsim.com/. Our new Question & Answer site brings a modern, mobile-friendly interface and more focus on getting answers quickly. There are a few differences between how our new Q&A community works vs. a classic, threaded-conversation-style forum like the one below, so be sure to read our Answers Best Practices.

flexsim.com

Go Back   FlexSim Community Forum > FlexSim Software > User Development
Downloads

User Development User developed add-ons to Flexsim

Old 10-09-2011
Flexsim User

Downloads: 19
Uploads: 0
dalin cai is on a distinguished road
Default How to make a FR travel?

I need to make one customized library object, a FR which also has the function of TE, and you can make it travel by creating tasks at some circumstances (on message trigger or on process finish trigger). I tried by making a TE as a container of a processor. It works but there are some problems when you make connections with the processor or set new location of the customized object, as I only want to show one of the two. Anyone can help me on this? Thanks.
Old 10-10-2011
Flexsim Distributor Italy

Downloads: 66
Luciano will become famous soon enough

Hi Dalin,

can you explain in detail what do you mean with "some problems when you make connection with the processor" and "set new location of the customized object"? I don't understand excaclty you problems. Thanks
Old 10-10-2011
Flexsim User

Downloads: 19
dalin cai is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luciano View Post
Hi Dalin,

can you explain in detail what do you mean with "some problems when you make connection with the processor" and "set new location of the customized object"? I don't understand excaclty you problems. Thanks
When I hide processor, and I want to make connection with the processor, I have to make it visable first. When I hide the container and show the processor, the container's location doesn't change when you move the processor. What I really want is using only one object ( a FR that can travle or a TE that has processor's function).
Old 10-10-2011
Flexsim User

Downloads: 52
Sebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to behold

Maybe you built up your own Processor by using delayed messages.

Tags
customized, fixed resource, fr object, task sequence, travel

Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
problem about travel task oliver xie Q&A 1 07-17-2011 08:59 AM
Travel Network Question Courtney Allensworth Q&A 11 02-21-2011 05:26 PM
Where can I find or get the information about the travel distance of each yard truck? syseo Container Terminal (CT) Library 0 02-12-2011 12:24 AM
Crane travel For use as process operator Ryan Haferbecker Q&A 0 01-31-2011 03:05 PM
Offset Travel AlanZhang Q&A 16 04-18-2008 10:25 AM