ATTENTION

This FlexSim Community Forum is read-only. Please post any new questions, ideas, or discussions to our new community (we call it Answers) at https://answers.flexsim.com/. Our new Question & Answer site brings a modern, mobile-friendly interface and more focus on getting answers quickly. There are a few differences between how our new Q&A community works vs. a classic, threaded-conversation-style forum like the one below, so be sure to read our Answers Best Practices.

flexsim.com

Go Back   FlexSim Community Forum > FlexSim Software > Q&A
Downloads

Q&A Using Flexsim and building models

Old 02-26-2015
Mehdi FIROOZI

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Default A problem with modeling (cell formation)

Hello All
I have a modeling problem in Flexsim. First, I try to describe my problem then I will mention the problem.
As it is shown in the attached photo, there is a production unit with 4 different cells. There are 4 different machines (1,2,3,4) . Each cell has a specific machine.
Machine 1 does operation 1
Machine 2 does operation 2
Machine 3 does operation 3
Machine 4 does operation 4
We have 3types of product which are separated by different colors. Each product has a special operation.

Product type 1: M1--M3--M2 (Means that product 1 has to be processed first in Machin1 then machin 3 and finally machin 2 (transfer between cells is allowed)
Product type 2: M2-M4-M3
Product type 3: M2-M4

The problem

in order to set the desired product to the correct machin, i have modified "pull strategy" and "send to port" option in flow in each machin but there would be a big problem, each part should be processed once,i can not model that, for example, when item type 2 goes to M3 ,it must be the final process and it must goes to sink, but sometimes it goes to M1 (as the process of part 1). i know that i should do sth with labels, but whatever i do,does not work at all.
thank you for your help
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version
Name:	model-cell.png
Views:	522
Size:	89.2 KB
ID:	2771  
Old 02-26-2015
Flexsim User

Downloads: 35
Jörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Mehdi,

you know the amount of processes a product type has to get.
You set this value into a label before any process starts.
After each process you decrement this value by one. If the value reaches the minimum the item leaves your process in direction to the sink.
Jörg
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jörg Vogel For This Useful Post:
Mehdi FIROOZI (02-26-2015)
Old 02-26-2015
Mehdi FIROOZI

Downloads: 0
Default Thanks and a question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jörg Vogel View Post
Hi Mehdi,

you know the amount of processes a product type has to get.
You set this value into a label before any process starts.
After each process you decrement this value by one. If the value reaches the minimum the item leaves your process in direction to the sink.
Jörg
Thank you very much Jörg; my question may be very a elementry one, but how can i set this value in a label? (I have already worked with other softwares but this time is my first time with Flexsim), could you please give me an example or sth ? thank you again
Old 02-26-2015
FlexSim Software Products

Downloads: 37
RalfGruber is a splendid one to beholdRalfGruber is a splendid one to beholdRalfGruber is a splendid one to beholdRalfGruber is a splendid one to beholdRalfGruber is a splendid one to beholdRalfGruber is a splendid one to beholdRalfGruber is a splendid one to behold

Mehdi,

may I suggest that you go through the tutorial to learn the basics of FlexSim?
That would be way more valuable for you since you would get introduced into the big picture vs. gaining punctual knowledge through the answers to your questions in here. You can find it in
"Help/User Manual/Getting Started" and
"Help/User Manual/Tutorials".

This will also introduce the concept of labels, the commands you are looking for are "getlabelnum()" and "setlabelnum()" BTW.

Best wishes
Ralf
FlexSim
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to RalfGruber For This Useful Post:
Mehdi FIROOZI (03-02-2015)

Tags
cell, item types, labels, manufacturing, modeling

Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Cell Data v/s Time graph Gutirallo Tips and Tricks 6 06-11-2012 11:37 AM
Search for cell and value Jens Mühlheimer Q&A 8 03-13-2012 03:20 AM
position of a table cell in a gui Esther Bennett Q&A 1 04-14-2010 09:35 AM
Set datatype of a table cell Nico Zahn Q&A 7 11-28-2008 11:34 AM