ATTENTION

This FlexSim Community Forum is read-only. Please post any new questions, ideas, or discussions to our new community (we call it Answers) at https://answers.flexsim.com/. Our new Question & Answer site brings a modern, mobile-friendly interface and more focus on getting answers quickly. There are a few differences between how our new Q&A community works vs. a classic, threaded-conversation-style forum like the one below, so be sure to read our Answers Best Practices.

flexsim.com

Go Back   FlexSim Community Forum > FlexSim Software > Q&A
Downloads

Q&A Using Flexsim and building models

Old 05-01-2013
Flexsim User

Downloads: 37
Uploads: 0
oliver xie is on a distinguished road
Default the parameters of flexsim webserver configuration

hi all
i have set up a flexsm web server in a host computer and i can run the model in the host computer(computer A) from the other computer(computer B). everything run well except one point.i want every gest computers can run the instance which other computers cannot control, i read flexsim webserver configuration.txt and i think maybe it is something about the parameters setting of "Max Threads Per Instance".
Click image for larger version
Name:	webserver.png
Views:	117
Size:	6.5 KB
ID:	2121
i have tried to change the value of "Max Threads Per Instance" to "1" and "min",but the results appeared not satisfied. so i want to ask is my thougt right and what i should do to solve my problem.
Old 05-02-2013
Flexsim Development

Downloads: 109
Uploads: 18
Thanked 1,483 Times in 525 Posts
Phil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by oliver xie View Post
i want every gest computers can run the instance which other computers cannot control
The FlexSim webserver just facilitates communication with FlexSim. If you want to do custom web server configuration, such as limiting communications to particular users, then you should use and configure a webserver program such as Apache or IIS. Apache or IIS can be configured to then communicate with Flexsim through the webserver.dll.

Additionally, you could configure Apache or IIS to use a dynamic programming language, such as Java, PHP, Python, or .NET, and then communicate with the FlexSim webserver through custom code on the server. Then you could write whatever code you want to control access to the program instance.
The Following User Says Thank You to Phil BoBo For This Useful Post:
Carsten Seehafer (01-21-2015)
Old 05-02-2013
Flexsim User

Downloads: 37
oliver xie is on a distinguished road

Hello Phil BoBo
thanks for your reply!
from the information you gave to me , i learn some points as following:
1.the value of "Max Threads Per Instance" maybe cannot help me to solve my problem, so i want to ask what is the function of "Max Threads Per Instance".
2. if i want to limit commnications to particular users,i shoulde to configure a customized webserver program like Apache or IIs.but i'm not familiar with this field .Could you give me some more infromation about how to configure Apache or IIs and then communicate with flexsim through the webserver.dll?
i think the function that the guest computer control it's unique instance in the host computer is very neccesary! so i hope the development team can implement this function with an user-friendly GUI in next latest version.
Old 05-03-2013
Flexsim Consultant

Downloads: 20
Jason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond repute

1. The number of threads relates to the number of child processes that are used in an experiment for replications, and should not exceed the number of cores on your machine (each process occupies a core).

2. Evaluate the next release before launching effort to customize Apache etc.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jason Lightfoot For This Useful Post:
Vadim Fooks (05-03-2013)
Old 05-03-2013
Flexsim Consultant

Jason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond repute

Actually if you want to just restrict access to authenticated users, but then are happy for them to see each other's model(s), you can set up authentication now.

The reference material to do that with Apache is here.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jason Lightfoot For This Useful Post:
oliver xie (05-04-2013)
Old 01-20-2015
Flexsim Consultant

I noticed this post about authentication was read recently, so thought I'd better post an update.

Current versions of the server with authentication allow for different user directories within the model directory you specify in the configuration, so they should not see each others models or running experiments.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Jason Lightfoot For This Useful Post:
Steven Hamoen (01-20-2015)

Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Flexsim Webserver & Virtual Box michaelsmith Q&A 0 11-08-2012 01:10 AM
a problem of Computer configuration using flexsim5.0 baojinjzt Q&A 2 11-02-2010 03:18 AM
runspeed with 2 parameters? Steven Hamoen Q&A 3 10-01-2010 11:33 AM