ATTENTION

This FlexSim Community Forum is read-only. Please post any new questions, ideas, or discussions to our new community (we call it Answers) at https://answers.flexsim.com/. Our new Question & Answer site brings a modern, mobile-friendly interface and more focus on getting answers quickly. There are a few differences between how our new Q&A community works vs. a classic, threaded-conversation-style forum like the one below, so be sure to read our Answers Best Practices.

flexsim.com

Go Back   FlexSim Community Forum > FlexSim Software > Q&A
Downloads

Q&A Using Flexsim and building models

Old 06-05-2008
Flexsim User

Downloads: 70
Uploads: 0
Sung Kim is on a distinguished road
Default Crane Move

Hi,

Could anyone help me to build following crane movement?
I would like to move a flowitem from point A to pont B using a crane. One condition is that the travel time must follow a given time duration.

In order to do this,
First, I use queues and network nodes for points A and B,
set the queue's location and the network node's location same,
and set queue size 0 in x y z so that the pick up and drop point are the exactly same as the location points.

Then, set the crane's lift hight, lift radius, acceleratoin, and deceleration all zero expecting only xy travel with fixed (max) speed.

Then, set the network node virtual distance as a unit distance just for easy interpretation and calculation for the speed.

For example,
traveling from A to B should take 1 seconds. Since the distance is fixed (i unit distance), the max speed could be calculated as 1 distance/unit time (sec)
if it requires 3 seconds, the max speed should be (1/3) distnace / unit time.. etc.

The problem I have in my test model is that the crane would not move exactly from A to B. It seems that there is a tiny bit of off set movement even though I set the queue and NN location same. Accordingly, the travel time duration is off.

I think it will work (at least theoretically I believe...) if the crane moves without the offset. I could not get rid of the offset though. Could anyone can help me to make this crane move?

There might be much better way to do this task. If so, could you please let me know how? I really appreciate your help in advance.

I attached the test model that I played with. I use version 4.3

Thanks,
SUng
Attached Files
File Type: zip test2.zip (103.9 KB, 359 views)
Old 06-05-2008
The Flexsim Consultant

Downloads: 29
Uploads: 6
Brandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant future

Sung,

Go to the TaskExecuter tab of you crane and set the drop down option on the right to "Do not travel offsets for load/unload tasks". This should remove the offset travel that you think is causing your problem.

Good Luck,
Brandon
Old 06-05-2008
Flexsim User

Downloads: 70
Uploads: 0
Sung Kim is on a distinguished road
Default That's it!

Thank you very much, Brandon! It works perfectly as what I expect.

Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Crane Logic: How to find out what a crane currently is doing? Tom David Q&A 5 06-02-2008 11:57 PM
Are there any limits using crane and rtg in CT? qin tian Container Terminal (CT) Library 1 01-04-2008 03:04 PM
Rotary Crane Nico Zahn Q&A 2 11-13-2007 01:58 AM
Adjusting 3d shape of a crane Maurits Brandt Tips and Tricks 3 09-14-2007 12:25 AM
Unable to move the view by left-click dragging? Regan Blackett Tips and Tricks 0 08-03-2007 10:01 AM