ATTENTION

This FlexSim Community Forum is read-only. Please post any new questions, ideas, or discussions to our new community (we call it Answers) at https://answers.flexsim.com/. Our new Question & Answer site brings a modern, mobile-friendly interface and more focus on getting answers quickly. There are a few differences between how our new Q&A community works vs. a classic, threaded-conversation-style forum like the one below, so be sure to read our Answers Best Practices.

flexsim.com

Go Back   FlexSim Community Forum > FlexSim Software > Q&A
Downloads

Q&A Using Flexsim and building models

Old 02-25-2012
Flexsim User

Downloads: 10
Uploads: 0
George Serhan is on a distinguished road
Default Operator task sequence

Hi,
The model I'm working with resemble a sequencing cell where a TE picks items from several queues and place them in a container. The problem I encountered simulating this action is that the TE picks the items and deliver them at random between the two containers. I want the TE to fill the first container, and when done (reached the max content) move to the next container. I tried with different send to port settings, but none worked quite as needed. Does anyone know what is the correct output setting for this scenario. model is attached (Version 5.1.2)
Thanks in advance.
George
Attached Files
File Type: fsm Version2.fsm (73.6 KB, 151 views)
Old 02-29-2012
Talumis, Flexsim Distributor, The Netherlands

Downloads: 35
Dirk-Jan will become famous soon enough

Put a queue with capacity 1 behind the seperator, split from there to the queues and use standard send-to logic (available port).
Old 02-29-2012
Flexsim User

Hi Dirk,

I tried that before hand, but the operator still jumps around before filling the required quantities for one rack (Cm_seq1) for example. I'm trying to bound the operator to one location (Cm_seq1) until the complete requirements is filled (16 flowitems) then he can move on to the next rack (Cm_seq2) and so forth. I don't know if having the operator follow these sequences could be done without some major coding.
Complete model is attached
Thanks
George
Attached Files
File Type: fsm Test for queue.fsm (81.0 KB, 114 views)
Old 02-29-2012
SNC-Lavalin GTS

Downloads: 21
Normand Côté will become famous soon enough

George,

Start loading on Cm_seq1:
1- ResetTrigger(Cm_seq2) -> closeinput(Cm_seq2)

When Cm_seq1 is full, start loading on Cm_seq2
2- ProcessTimeTrigger(Cm_seq1) -> openinput(Cm_seq2)
3- ExitTrigger(Cm_seq1) -> closeinput(Cm_seq1)

When Cm_seq2 is full, start loading on Cm_seq1
(Repeat step 2 and 3 but swap Cm_seq2 and Cm_seq1)

Normand
The Following User Says Thank You to Normand Côté For This Useful Post:
George Serhan (03-01-2012)
Old 03-01-2012
Flexsim User

Hi Normand,

Thanks for the post. I tried doing what you stated, but it didn't work. The operator has no connection to Cm_seq1 except through the network node (see model). close and open inputs only affect the transporter (lift truck) which blocks it from loading the pallet on. The operator is what needs to be controlled (he's out of control).
Thanks
George
Old 03-01-2012
SNC-Lavalin GTS

George,

Using closeinput and openinput allow you to define the loading sequence. I have uploaded two versions of your model where the operator feeds Cm_seq1,2,3 and 4 one after the other.

In version1, there is a queue behind each separator (suggested by Dirk- Jan) to easily route products. Also, "Reevaluate SendTo On Down Stream Availability" must be checked on Sp_nnn equipment. However product sources is not controlled when feeding each Cm_seqNN equipment.

In version2, I have managed pallets differently to get rid of all the queues. To do this, I had to tweak the "Send To Port" a bit on Cm_seqNN equipment. Now products are loaded in an orderly fashion.

Regards,

Normand
Attached Files
File Type: fsm Test for queue(NC1).fsm (83.2 KB, 122 views)
File Type: fsm Test for queue(NC2).fsm (82.3 KB, 127 views)
George Serhan (03-02-2012)
Old 03-02-2012
Flexsim User

Downloads: 35
Jörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond repute

Hello George,

I posted some time ago a model, which sorts the begun taskesequences by priority in the taskexecuter. If you change the priorty correspondent to the unloading station, then the taskexecuter moves to the destination with the highest priority, unload all items to this destination and moves then to the unloadstation with next lower priority.

Jörg
The Following User Says Thank You to Jörg Vogel For This Useful Post:
George Serhan (03-02-2012)
Old 03-02-2012
Flexsim User

Normand,
Thanks for the clarification in the attached models. The second model reflect more accurately the behavior of the cell. I tried to understand the steps taken to limit the operator from jumping around, but I couldn't follow. For example NN13 control something through its output ports, what and how this was done. I can't even see the shape (dot) for that node to select it (after selecting show the 3D shape in the properties window). It would be nice to learn this feature for controlling operator pick sequence.
The model works thank you again. I would be grateful if you can explain how that was done.

Thank you
George
Old 03-02-2012
Flexsim User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jörg Vogel View Post
Hello George,

I posted some time ago a model, which sorts the begun taskesequences by priority in the taskexecuter. If you change the priorty correspondent to the unloading station, then the taskexecuter moves to the destination with the highest priority, unload all items to this destination and moves then to the unloadstation with next lower priority.

Jörg
Thanks Jörg.
Old 03-03-2012
SNC-Lavalin GTS

George,

In this model, the operator do not decide where to pick and drop products. This has already been decided by Cm and Sp equipment. He will just do what these equipment say: pick a product here and drop it there. You were talking about logic in network nodes (NN13); there is no logic in any of them. Because they were a lot and it was difficult to distinguish from port connections, I hide them by repeatedly x-clicking (press and hold x key and click on one network node) on NN6_CD3. If you x-click again on this node they will reappear.

Again, the reason why only one Cm equipment is fed at a time is because only one of them has its input ports open and this is controlled with closeinput and openinput commands located in Cm's triggers.

When a Cm equipment has its input ports open, it will try to obtain a certain number of products from each Sp equipment connected to its input ports according to the combine recipe. As an example, Cm_seq1 needs 4 products from Sp_CD1 and if Sp_CD1 has four or more products available, then Sp_CD1 will dispatch 4 tasksequences to the operator to move 4 products from Sp_CD1 to Cm_seq1. Then, even before the operator starts to work on the first tasksequence, Cm_seq1 will try to obtain 5 products from Sp_CD3 and finally 7 products from Sp_CD2. The operator will still begin to work on the first tasksequence when all products deliveries to Cm_seq1 have been decided.

Normand
George Serhan (03-05-2012)
Old 03-05-2012
Flexsim User

Hi Normand,
Thanks for the detail explanation of the model. I tried using the closeinput for the Cm when you mentioned it in the previous post, I understand how it works, but only Cm_seq1 gets to be filled. Port1 on Cm_seq2 doesn't open up for the pallet to be loaded so the operator gets to work. I compared the setting between the model you have and mine, and I don't see anything missing. I'll attach my model in case you have time to look it over.
Thanks for all your help.
George
Attached Files
File Type: fsm Version2 presentation.fsm (102.9 KB, 122 views)
Old 03-05-2012
SNC-Lavalin GTS

Hi George,

You are 2 steps away from a solution:

1. You closeinput(current) your Cm in their Reset and Exit triggers. That's correct but you also have to openinput() the next Cm every time the active one has finished receiving its products. You do this by adding the command openinput(centerobject(current,2)) before the return statement in the process time trigger of each Cm.

2. Then everything is ok up to 9100 s. At this time, the model blocks because you try to send the last product on the rack (Sp_CD3) to output port 2 (with getrank(parnode(1))%2+2) while only output port 3 is open (to Cm_seq2). You'll have to find a way to send product to the open port. The easiest way is to return 0 from the "Send To Port" trigger which instructs Flexsim to use the first available port but then the product will always exit to the Rack disposal queue. In the model I posted, I modified the "Send To Port" trigger of Cm to handle this situation.

Regards,

Normand
George Serhan (03-06-2012)
Old 03-06-2012
Flexsim User

Thanks Normand,
Now I can follow why it was done that way. Your explanation shed light to what I've been trying to understand for a while with TE and how they function.
Thanks again for taking the time to explain it.
George

Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Task Sequence Profile Brandon Peterson User Development 6 09-21-2009 01:41 PM
Task Sequence Example 1 Li Chin Q&A 4 10-27-2008 06:50 AM
Task Sequence Question David Chan Q&A 1 05-27-2008 03:56 AM
coordinated task sequence, need help. qin tian Q&A 4 05-12-2008 05:52 PM
The transporter and operator task sequence... syseo Q&A 1 09-22-2007 01:26 AM