ATTENTION

This FlexSim Community Forum is read-only. Please post any new questions, ideas, or discussions to our new community (we call it Answers) at https://answers.flexsim.com/. Our new Question & Answer site brings a modern, mobile-friendly interface and more focus on getting answers quickly. There are a few differences between how our new Q&A community works vs. a classic, threaded-conversation-style forum like the one below, so be sure to read our Answers Best Practices.

flexsim.com

Go Back   FlexSim Community Forum > FlexSim Software > Q&A
Downloads

Q&A Using Flexsim and building models

Old 05-26-2013
Flexsim User

Downloads: 2
Uploads: 0
Lucysingsing is on a distinguished road
Default How to make transporters waiting infront of queue object?

Hi all,
I would like to make a test model for queue theory.

I deployed 3 lift trucks and linked to queue object (max contents 10).
Queue object linked with processors using A and center linked with Crane.

I found out that max concntents of Queue object means how many times transporter can carry out box to the queue. Because i changed the max conctnes into 2, then just I saw only 2 times moving of lift truck.

Well, I wanto to use queue object as an waiting place of lift truck before carry the box to process.
so How to set the max capacity of truck in the queue?

Thank you in advance.
Old 05-27-2013
Talumis, Flexsim Distributor, The Netherlands

Downloads: 43
Uploads: 0
Steven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond repute

You have to look at all the capacities in your model. (Actually the capacity of the queue is the least interesting).

A queue can only send something away if the processor can receive it. So if the capacity of the processor is one, only 1 product can be send at that time (only 1 taskssequence is dispatched to the truck). If your processor can receive more than one, but the capacity of the truck is 1 then 2 tasksequences are dispatched but the truck can only pick up 1 so it will move 2 times. If you increase the capacity of the truck to 2 it will take both products. If you use more trucks with a dispatcher, the 2 tasksequences will be distributed and both trucks will bring a product to the processor simultaneous.

In your case If you use 3 trucks, do you also use a dispatcher? or not?, if not, what kind of option have you used on the "Use Transport" option on the flow tab? Because if that always returns the same transporter only that transporter is used.

If you want your trucks to stay at the queue when they are empty, look at the ResourceAvailable trigger on your forklift truck. There you can enter a home location where the truck will drive too when it becomes idle.

Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
how to make the batch transfer of Queue on or off? syseo Q&A 3 03-25-2013 09:06 PM
Object to make Perspective View follow objects Brandon Peterson Tips and Tricks 1 11-10-2011 05:59 PM
and disapHow to make a object appear pear by code Hao Zhou Q&A 2 05-03-2011 07:05 AM
How to queue transporters at destination? Shanon Loughton Q&A 1 03-31-2009 02:05 AM
make transporters cycle a specific path bsantens Q&A 4 10-21-2008 08:08 AM