ATTENTION

This FlexSim Community Forum is read-only. Please post any new questions, ideas, or discussions to our new community (we call it Answers) at https://answers.flexsim.com/. Our new Question & Answer site brings a modern, mobile-friendly interface and more focus on getting answers quickly. There are a few differences between how our new Q&A community works vs. a classic, threaded-conversation-style forum like the one below, so be sure to read our Answers Best Practices.

flexsim.com

Go Back   FlexSim Community Forum > FlexSim Software > Q&A
Downloads

Q&A Using Flexsim and building models

Old 02-01-2014
Flexsim User

Downloads: 3
Uploads: 0
frankwolfe is on a distinguished road
Default Dempirical Issue

Hi all,

I have a source that has 3 objects in the global table, 1, 2, 3 and the function is telling me too many parameters to call.

I want to use one source to call out to 3 different item types that will then go to 3 different processors. Any ideas on how I can achieve this?

I was also curious to Run Time (is that in seconds, minutes or hours?

Frank
Old 02-01-2014
Flexsim User

Downloads: 35
Jörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond repute

Hello Frank,

at the beginning of a new model you set your units. If you use another version than 7 the time unit is second, but you assume what you want, seconds, hours, days years,...
The object source creates first of all only flowitems depending on an interarrival time, a schedule or a sequence. Then you can change in the different triggers the itemtype or other attributes.
You can set an empirical distribution in the interarrival time. The values you get from this method are just the time between two arrivals. Other rows in the table haven't got any other functions. You cannot assume some functionality which isn't there.
Now you got just items. Which attributes they get you set in the triggers. I use the on creation trigger to set the itemtype and the color and other attributes.
To send the different itemtypes to different port and so to different following objects, you use the "send to function" on the flow tab. "cases by value" gives you the greatest freedom to send the flowitems. You evaluate the itemtype and chooses the port to send to.

Jörg
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jörg Vogel For This Useful Post:
Tom David (02-03-2014)
Old 02-01-2014
Flexsim User

Downloads: 3
frankwolfe is on a distinguished road

Jorg,

Thanks a lot.

Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Displacement Issue Ramesh Pinn Q&A 1 01-03-2014 11:19 AM
issue with CTS Shahin Gelareh Q&A 0 02-18-2012 03:34 PM
Transportation & Processor issue Wen Hsing Huang Q&A 3 06-27-2011 04:52 AM
Explanation of empirical, cempirical and dempirical distributions Cliff King Q&A 0 01-04-2008 12:12 PM
Floating license issue MorganIT Q&A 1 09-12-2007 01:51 AM