ATTENTION

This FlexSim Community Forum is read-only. Please post any new questions, ideas, or discussions to our new community (we call it Answers) at https://answers.flexsim.com/. Our new Question & Answer site brings a modern, mobile-friendly interface and more focus on getting answers quickly. There are a few differences between how our new Q&A community works vs. a classic, threaded-conversation-style forum like the one below, so be sure to read our Answers Best Practices.

flexsim.com

Go Back   FlexSim Community Forum > FlexSim Software > Q&A
Downloads

Q&A Using Flexsim and building models

Old 07-25-2013
Flexsim User

Downloads: 13
Uploads: 0
Christian Norregaard will become famous soon enough
Default My .dwg floor plans disappear when viewed from certain angles.

Hi all.

When I import .dwg files to use as floor plans, they some times disappear when viewed from certain angles, positions and distances. I have uploaded an example to Youtube: http://youtu.be/BMKKLEd1mTQ

The .dwg drawing contains a *lot* of layers, and I had to scale it down by a factor 1000. The file size is 2.7mb. Flexsim is latest version.

I have had the same trouble with some other .dwg files, but not many.

Does anyone care to venture a guess at what is happening to it, and how/whether I might be able to fix it?

Best regards.
Christian
Old 07-25-2013
Flexsim User

Downloads: 13
Uploads: 0
Christian Norregaard will become famous soon enough

Aaaah, I found the problem.

A few places in the drawing, there are pillars and such, that extend up into the z-axis. They were not aesthetically pleasing, so I decided to get rid of them. In order to do so, I scaled the z-axis further down to prevent them from showing.

Once I set the same scale on x, y, and z, the problem disappeared.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Christian Norregaard For This Useful Post:
Ryan Davis (01-21-2015)

Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
How to let the flowitem not disappear when click onreset button oliver xie Q&A 4 05-23-2011 01:18 AM
object disappear when reset zhang xin Q&A 1 04-02-2011 10:44 AM
Flowitems seems to disappear at the end of simulation run Tom David Q&A 2 07-16-2008 03:50 AM
Student Version Plans Cliff King Installation 5 07-15-2008 06:52 PM