ATTENTION

This FlexSim Community Forum is read-only. Please post any new questions, ideas, or discussions to our new community (we call it Answers) at https://answers.flexsim.com/. Our new Question & Answer site brings a modern, mobile-friendly interface and more focus on getting answers quickly. There are a few differences between how our new Q&A community works vs. a classic, threaded-conversation-style forum like the one below, so be sure to read our Answers Best Practices.

flexsim.com

Go Back   FlexSim Community Forum > FlexSim Software > User Development
Downloads

User Development User developed add-ons to Flexsim

Yes 17 85.00%
Don't Care 2 10.00%
No 1 5.00%
Voters: 20. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-09-2008
The Flexsim Consultant

Downloads: 29
Uploads: 6
Brandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant future
Default Moving Conveyor

All,

This session file contains a new conveyor that is a modification of the old one. This new conveyor is animated so that the textures that you apply to it move when the conveyor is moving and stop when the conveyor stops. The textures also move at the same speed as the conveyor. I have included three textures with the session file that where special built for this conveyor. When you open the session file there is an example of all three conveyor textures.

To view the conveyors unzip the attachd zip file into your userprojects directory. Then open the "Moving Conveyor Session.fss" file (File -> Advanced Files -> Open Project or Session) and compile the entire session (Build -> Compile Entire Session).

Let me know what you think!
Brandon
Attached Files
File Type: zip Moving Conveyor.zip (964.1 KB, 613 views)
Old 06-09-2008
Flexsim Canada, Forum Moderator

Downloads: 54
Uploads: 1
Kris Geisberger has much to be proud ofKris Geisberger has much to be proud ofKris Geisberger has much to be proud ofKris Geisberger has much to be proud ofKris Geisberger has much to be proud ofKris Geisberger has much to be proud ofKris Geisberger has much to be proud ofKris Geisberger has much to be proud ofKris Geisberger has much to be proud ofKris Geisberger has much to be proud of

Unnecessary... yet VERY cool! As long as you can disable it to the point where this conveyor is as fast (run speed) as the current implementation, I'll have to give it a big YES.

I like it!
Old 06-09-2008
The Flexsim Consultant

Downloads: 29
Uploads: 6
Brandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant future

Kris,

I agree that for most people this conveyor would be unnecessary. Some will find it usefull because it allows the user to see what direction a conveyor is moving, the conveyor's relative speed, and if it is moving or stopped from a distance without having to zoom in or check its parameters.

I think that all of the modifications to this conveyor only included 3 or so extra variables, 1 changed GUI page, and some extra code in the on draw of the library object. So, this conveyor should be just as fast as any other when the views are closed.

Thanks for the feed back,
Brandon
Old 06-10-2008
Talumis, Flexsim Distributor, The Netherlands

Downloads: 43
Uploads: 0
Steven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond repute

Brandon,

This is the ultimate demotool!!!! Thank you.

Steven
Old 08-26-2008
W. Clausen

Downloads: 1
William Clausen is on a distinguished road

This reply is a bit late I see that you created the animation some time ago. However I'd like very much to throw my two cents in for consideration. I’m a firm believer in animation. For several reasons, first; when presenting the model to managerial personnel detail counts. Second, after looking at other simulation software packages, I believe one of the strengths of Flexsim is the rich graphic environment. Thank you for your efforts on our behalf!
Old 07-30-2009
Flexsim User

Downloads: 147
zhang xin is on a distinguished road

Brandon,
It seems that it doesn't work in flexsim 4.52. It reports compile error.
could you fix it.
I need it urgently.
thanks.

Last edited by zhang xin; 07-30-2009 at 07:30 PM.

Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Operators moving backwards Nico Zahn Tips and Tricks 0 05-19-2008 04:51 AM
Moving Network Node Information into a Table Brandon Peterson Q&A 2 02-15-2008 09:46 AM
Controlling the camera view to be focused on a moving object in your model. Regan Blackett Tips and Tricks 0 08-03-2007 10:12 AM