ATTENTION

This FlexSim Community Forum is read-only. Please post any new questions, ideas, or discussions to our new community (we call it Answers) at https://answers.flexsim.com/. Our new Question & Answer site brings a modern, mobile-friendly interface and more focus on getting answers quickly. There are a few differences between how our new Q&A community works vs. a classic, threaded-conversation-style forum like the one below, so be sure to read our Answers Best Practices.

flexsim.com

Go Back   FlexSim Community Forum > FlexSim Software > Product Announcements
Downloads

Product Announcements New releases of the software

Old 10-01-2013
Manager of Product Development

Downloads: 86
Uploads: 4
Anthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond repute
Default FlexSim 7 Beta 2

A second Beta version of FlexSim 7 is available. Most of the bugs found in the first beta have been fixed. Hopefully this will be the last beta before the final release in a week. If you would like to check out the new features and help us test it, you can get it from the Account section of the website.

If you installed the first beta, you will need to uninstall it before installing this one.

Please post any bugs/issues you find (please no new feature requests) to this thread.

Release notes can be found with the previous beta announcement.
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Anthony Johnson For This Useful Post:
syseo (10-02-2013)
Old 10-01-2013
Administrator

Downloads: 1
Uploads: 0
Logan Gold will become famous soon enough
Default Dashboard Issues

If I create a model with a Dashboard in version 6.0.2, it will not always become accessible in version 7 Beta 2.

If I close out of the Dashboard in version 6, save the model, and open the model in version 7 I can go through Statistics->Dashboards and the Dashboard will appear with the name Default and I can open it. If I keep the Dashboard open in version 6, save the model, and open it in version 7 Beta 2 I cannot find the Dashboard by going through Statistics->Dashboards.

I can't remember if there is another way to open a Dashboard (in either version), so I have not tested opening it any other way.
The Following User Says Thank You to Logan Gold For This Useful Post:
Anthony Johnson (10-01-2013)
Old 10-02-2013
FlexSim Geek

Downloads: 45
Uploads: 1
Carsten Seehafer has much to be proud ofCarsten Seehafer has much to be proud ofCarsten Seehafer has much to be proud ofCarsten Seehafer has much to be proud ofCarsten Seehafer has much to be proud ofCarsten Seehafer has much to be proud ofCarsten Seehafer has much to be proud ofCarsten Seehafer has much to be proud ofCarsten Seehafer has much to be proud of

1. I always get an error in multiple places with this beta and the shadow view:
Code:
The function texshadow is not recognized.
2. In the shadow gadget are three links to the following files
Code:
C:\1to_go\wrinkle maps\ambient\t2.jpg
C:\1to_go\wrinkle maps\ambient\t2.heightmap.jpg
C:\1to_go\wrinkle maps\ambient\t2.normalmap.jpg
Those files and directories don't exist. What function have those files?

3. In the standard model view all .skp-files look pale (or grayed out with pale colors). In the shadow view the colors look normal.

4. In the standard model view .skp-files have color interactions with selected objects.

I've added a "few" pictures to show point 3 and 4.

P.S.: I'm using the 64-bit version.
Attached Files
File Type: zip screenshots.zip (1.27 MB, 102 views)

Last edited by Carsten Seehafer; 10-02-2013 at 06:19 AM. Reason: add version info
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Carsten Seehafer For This Useful Post:
Phil BoBo (10-03-2013)
Old 10-02-2013
Flexsim User

Downloads: 12
mark.gormley has a spectacular aura aboutmark.gormley has a spectacular aura about
Default Shadows

Just a few points:
  • How do I get to all the shadow options that were accessible from the right click menu in the previous beta?
  • Also I have noticed an issue with turning shadows off when the model is running. I get a white mark left behind where the shadow was last drawn and also a funny white overlay of the old visual tool. Re-opening the view does not appear to fix this (see attached image).
  • Exploring code from breakpoints window now works, but the title only displays the trigger name. It would be helpful if this displayed theobject name as well (like when you open the trigger from an objects properties). It is really confusing if you open multiple tabs from here that are the same trigger but different underlying objects.
Mark
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version
Name:	shadows 1.png
Views:	218
Size:	67.1 KB
ID:	2303   Click image for larger version
Name:	shadows 2.png
Views:	222
Size:	92.5 KB
ID:	2304  
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mark.gormley For This Useful Post:
Phil BoBo (10-03-2013)
Old 10-02-2013
Flexsim Consultant

Downloads: 20
Jason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond repute

Mark, try createview("VIEW:/standardviews/shadows/ShadowGadget");
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jason Lightfoot For This Useful Post:
mark.gormley (10-02-2013)
Old 10-02-2013
Flexsim User

mark.gormley has a spectacular aura aboutmark.gormley has a spectacular aura about

Thanks Jason,

That brings up the window however most of the sliders now no longer have any effect, for example I can't find a way to move the position of the light source.

Is this window meant to be accessible anymore? Or is there a different way to edit the settings?

Thanks

Mark
Old 10-02-2013
Flexsim Consultant

Downloads: 20
Jason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond repute

You can edit the position of the first light source in 'more view settings'.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jason Lightfoot For This Useful Post:
Phil BoBo (10-03-2013)
Old 10-02-2013
FlexSim Software Products

Downloads: 37
RalfGruber is a splendid one to beholdRalfGruber is a splendid one to beholdRalfGruber is a splendid one to beholdRalfGruber is a splendid one to beholdRalfGruber is a splendid one to beholdRalfGruber is a splendid one to beholdRalfGruber is a splendid one to behold

Some more feedback:

1. 3D textures on flowitems
It seems that to browse for a 3D texture does change the filename in the edit field only, but not the actual node in the tree. Selecting one of the pictures from the drop down list works though as does using the sample tool. For objects from the library the browse functionality seems to work fine.

2. Docking Parameter GUIs
Is there a reason why parameter GUIs can't be docked? It would be nice for the model control GUI to allow for docking.

3. Find Objects tool
If you click any object displayed in the results list, you get a warning in the Compiler Console:
Warning VIEW:/active/MainPanel/BackPanel/SplitterXPane/SplitterYPane/FindObjects/objlist>eventfunctions/OnSelect line 1 Invalid type for parameter 1 in call to get(). Expecting type node. Type is num.

Just small things though.

Thanks

Ralf
FlexSim
Old 10-03-2013
Simulation Engineer

Downloads: 11
Clair A is a jewel in the roughClair A is a jewel in the roughClair A is a jewel in the roughClair A is a jewel in the rough
Default Support for importing shapes

FlexSim 7 supports the *.wrl format (as in v6), but could it be precised in the release notes and when we browse for a 3D shape that it supports only VRML V1.0 format ?

We saw several FlexSim end-users trying to import *.wrl 3D shapes as it is displayed in the list of available formats, but actually *.wrl VRML V2.0 cannot be imported in FlexSim.
Attached Thumbnails
Name:	3D shapes.PNG
Views:	510
Size:	3.2 KB
ID:	2305  
Old 10-03-2013
Flexsim User

Downloads: 52
Sebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to behold

Had a short look into it. Where is the shadow option gone?
Old 10-03-2013
Simulation Engineer

Clair A is a jewel in the roughClair A is a jewel in the roughClair A is a jewel in the roughClair A is a jewel in the rough

Sebastian,

The shadow option is now in the right panel Quick Properties of your 3D view.

Attached Thumbnails
Name:	Use Shaders.PNG
Views:	585
Size:	6.8 KB
ID:	2306  
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Clair A For This Useful Post:
Sebastian Hemmann (10-05-2013)
Old 10-03-2013
Flexsim Development

Downloads: 109
Uploads: 18
Thanked 1,483 Times in 525 Posts
Phil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carsten Seehafer View Post
1. I always get an error in multiple places with this beta and the shadow view:
Code:
The function texshadow is not recognized.
When/where do you get this error?

There is no more "shadow view". If you have a shadow view open from the previous beta, close it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark.gormley View Post
Is this window meant to be accessible anymore? Or is there a different way to edit the settings?
That window is meant to not be accessible anymore. As we finish refactoring the shadow functionality, those settings should not need to be modified by a user. Shadows should just work properly without configuration.
The Following User Says Thank You to Phil BoBo For This Useful Post:
Carsten Seehafer (10-04-2013)
Old 10-03-2013
Flexsim Development

Downloads: 109
Uploads: 18
Thanked 1,483 Times in 525 Posts
Phil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
2. In the shadow gadget are three links to the following files
Code:
C:\1to_go\wrinkle maps\ambient\t2.jpg
C:\1to_go\wrinkle maps\ambient\t2.heightmap.jpg
C:\1to_go\wrinkle maps\ambient\t2.normalmap.jpg
Those files and directories don't exist. What function have those files?
Those were a test that wasn't finished and has been removed. The "shadow gadget" was a temporary dev tool that made it into the beta. It shouldn't actually be used anymore.

Quote:
3. In the standard model view all .skp-files look pale (or grayed out with pale colors). In the shadow view the colors look normal.

4. In the standard model view .skp-files have color interactions with selected objects.

I've added a "few" pictures to show point 3 and 4.

P.S.: I'm using the 64-bit version.
Thanks for pointing this out. I've fixed the paleness and color spillage for the final release.

In testing various files to determine the cause of the color issue, I found another issue with the SKP reader with regards to normals in version 7. In order to compile 64-bit, we had to revamp the way the sketchup reader worked. This revamping had some adverse effects on certain files and beneficial effects on others. So some existing files might draw differently (sometimes better, sometimes worse) in the new version depending on how their normals are configured.

Also, importing skp takes longer to read the file than other formats. On the plus side, we can import collada files in version 7, and most files on Google Warehouse have collada versions in addition to the skp files. Collada files read in more quickly and render more appropriately.

Sketchup got purchased by another company who has a new SDK that we could potentially use in the future to improve the importer, but we don't have time to revamp it again for this release.
The Following User Says Thank You to Phil BoBo For This Useful Post:
Carsten Seehafer (10-04-2013)
Old 10-04-2013
FlexSim Geek

Downloads: 45
Carsten Seehafer has much to be proud ofCarsten Seehafer has much to be proud ofCarsten Seehafer has much to be proud ofCarsten Seehafer has much to be proud ofCarsten Seehafer has much to be proud ofCarsten Seehafer has much to be proud ofCarsten Seehafer has much to be proud ofCarsten Seehafer has much to be proud ofCarsten Seehafer has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil BoBo View Post
When/where do you get this error?
It looks like that the installation of the new FlexSim 7 Beta wasn't correct. (I've uninstalled the old beta with the system control and installed the new beta with the install wizard.) I haven't had those new view options and every object in the view caused this error...

Now I've uninstalled the new beta again with the system control, delete all leftover files and make a new install with the wizard. The errors are gone and the view menu is correct.

Maybe the wizard messed something up, I don't know
Old 10-07-2013
Simulation Engineer

Default Exception in MultiProcessor on reset

To reproduce this exception:
  • open a new model
  • drag and drop a MultiProcessor
  • click on Reset

Attached Thumbnails
Name:	MultiProcessor.PNG
Views:	484
Size:	102.1 KB
ID:	2307  
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Clair A For This Useful Post:
Kris Geisberger (10-07-2013)
Old 10-07-2013
Patrick Cloutier

Downloads: 9
pcloutier is on a distinguished road
Default Dashboard control text

The "Text" that I enter for a dashboard control is not saved and returns to "Static Text" whenever the model is saved, closed and reopened.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to pcloutier For This Useful Post:
mefhsmflexsimbr (10-07-2013)
Old 10-07-2013
Patrick Cloutier

Downloads: 9
pcloutier is on a distinguished road
Default Reports and Statistics

When I click on Generate Report in Reports and Statistics, I get a "COM Error: Class not registered" and the report does not appear.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to pcloutier For This Useful Post:
mefhsmflexsimbr (10-07-2013)
Old 10-07-2013
Flexsim Canada, Forum Moderator

Downloads: 54
Kris Geisberger has much to be proud ofKris Geisberger has much to be proud ofKris Geisberger has much to be proud ofKris Geisberger has much to be proud ofKris Geisberger has much to be proud ofKris Geisberger has much to be proud ofKris Geisberger has much to be proud ofKris Geisberger has much to be proud ofKris Geisberger has much to be proud ofKris Geisberger has much to be proud of

To further Cloutier's post. Button Text and Hover Hint Text do not save either.

Image, Font, Link, OnPress save correctly.

Otherwise I'm very happy with the addition of Model Input widgets in Dashboards with user friendly means to customize and link. It could all be done before with GUIs but the new way is so much faster. Well done! I look forward to more in future.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kris Geisberger For This Useful Post:
Jörg Vogel (10-08-2013)
Old 10-07-2013
Flexsim Canada, Forum Moderator

Downloads: 54
Kris Geisberger has much to be proud ofKris Geisberger has much to be proud ofKris Geisberger has much to be proud ofKris Geisberger has much to be proud ofKris Geisberger has much to be proud ofKris Geisberger has much to be proud ofKris Geisberger has much to be proud ofKris Geisberger has much to be proud ofKris Geisberger has much to be proud ofKris Geisberger has much to be proud of

The conveyor legs using Shaders are inconsistent. The last conveyor added to the model has transparent legs and all other conveyors have "dynamic snowy" legs. I wonder how many others see the same.

I have a GeForce GTX 670M on the default settings.
Attached Files
File Type: zip conveyor legs.zip (1.09 MB, 93 views)
The Following User Says Thank You to Kris Geisberger For This Useful Post:
Phil BoBo (10-08-2013)
Old 10-08-2013
Flexsim User

I see the same issue as Kris on the conveyor legs.

Also if you watch a conveyor while shadows are on then the rollers seam to move up and down in a line as the model is running. There also appears to be some white dotted lines on the edge of the rollers, so maybe the texture just isn't quite fitting properly.

Another issue I have noticed is that when i have shadows switched on then I always seam to have some connection ends showing black (rather than red or green like normal).

These are always the connections made to the last object in the model space. They go back to red if I switch shadows off.

I have the 64-bit version of Flexsim and a GeForce GTX 650Ti if that helps.

Last edited by mark.gormley; 10-08-2013 at 04:37 AM. Reason: Added more info
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mark.gormley For This Useful Post:
Phil BoBo (10-08-2013)

Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
FlexSim 6 Beta Phil BoBo Product Announcements 84 07-26-2012 07:52 PM
Flexsim 5 Beta Anthony Johnson Product Announcements 47 10-26-2011 11:08 AM