ATTENTION

This FlexSim Community Forum is read-only. Please post any new questions, ideas, or discussions to our new community (we call it Answers) at https://answers.flexsim.com/. Our new Question & Answer site brings a modern, mobile-friendly interface and more focus on getting answers quickly. There are a few differences between how our new Q&A community works vs. a classic, threaded-conversation-style forum like the one below, so be sure to read our Answers Best Practices.

flexsim.com

Go Back   FlexSim Community Forum > FlexSim Software > Q&A
Downloads

Q&A Using Flexsim and building models

Old 05-12-2010
Flexsim User

Downloads: 2
Uploads: 0
Guus de Krom is on a distinguished road
Default Production problem

hello, I'm a student and need to work with flexsim for my internship.
The problem is that I don't know how to run the next data in flexsim.

I have made the model, the thing I want to know is:
I need to produce batches every time a different batch. The batch sizes for the batches has to be picked bij chances:
0 - 100 25,84%
100 - 200 23,15%
200 - 300 15,44% so on

After the batch size is picked the hole batch need to get the same item type,
1 - 19,3 %
2 - 15,6 %
3 - 17,5 %
4 - 7,5 %

when this is done the products go to the first processor after they come out of the processor the are combined on a pallet 50 quant per pallet.
The next thing I need to know, after the first proces the item types have to change but not every single one but the hole batch size. the itemtype it gets needs also to be taken from te following data:
1 - 23,9%
2 - 18,2%
3 - 11%
4 - 25,7%
5 - 13,8%

could someone help me with this, Thanks
Old 05-12-2010
Talumis, Flexsim Distributor, The Netherlands

Downloads: 43
Uploads: 0
Steven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond repute

Guus,

take a look at the "dempirical" in the command list. That is the distribution you need.

For the first itemtype, take a sample using the demperical distribution, put it in a label on the source and use the label to set the itemtype. And every time you reach the end of the batch (being a multiple of 100, look at the functions "fmod" and "getoutput") you take a new sample and put that in that label again.

Use this same structure for after the process.

Steven

ps if you are dutch give us a call if you have more questions: 030-2936627

Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Batch production (Batch size for processor) Patrick Cap Q&A 12 03-27-2009 12:14 AM
Problem with installation (new problem) David Chan Installation 2 03-13-2009 10:41 AM
Stopping "Source" production Scott Patterson Q&A 2 11-06-2008 11:04 AM
simulation of the impact unequal deliveries and sales on production karsten Q&A 2 12-05-2007 02:19 PM
Production of frames in wood Yaghm Q&A 5 09-22-2007 02:35 PM