ATTENTION

This FlexSim Community Forum is read-only. Please post any new questions, ideas, or discussions to our new community (we call it Answers) at https://answers.flexsim.com/. Our new Question & Answer site brings a modern, mobile-friendly interface and more focus on getting answers quickly. There are a few differences between how our new Q&A community works vs. a classic, threaded-conversation-style forum like the one below, so be sure to read our Answers Best Practices.

flexsim.com

Go Back   FlexSim Community Forum > FlexSim Software > Q&A
Downloads

Q&A Using Flexsim and building models

Old 05-21-2015
Martin Jensen

Downloads: 23
Uploads: 0
Default Methods and Events on Flexsim objects

I may just require a sanity check, but when building custom objects in flexsim I often find myself wishing I could create more easily accessible interfaces for my new objects similar to what is already in the existing library objects.

For instance I lack an easy way to create a method for my object. I realize that I can put code I a node under the variables node, and execute it using “nodefunction(variables(‘codeNode’, ‘objectNode’))”. But it seems a bit cumbersome compared with other object oriented environments. Am I just doing it all wrong?

Also when it comes to events I would love to be able to create a custom event trigger and handler – for instance when a variable node in the object is changed. Is there a reasonably lightweight way to setup such an event. I have noticed that the “nodefunctionlisten” is able to listen to a node and trigger code in a relay node when it is called, but I lack a similar function to survey when the value of a node is altered and trigger an eventhandler.

As a final dumb question; I have been looking at the Model tree and in many objects I find some nodes that are light blue and some that are not. Can anyone tell my exactly what that means, because I can find no reference to it in the help?
Old 05-21-2015
Martin Jensen

Downloads: 23

Ok so a bit more searching on the forum lead me to this post that expalins my last question about the colors of the Model Tree.

https://www.flexsim.com/community/fo...ead.php?t=1471

My next question is ofcourse; Is there a way to set a custom made node to be an attribute in flexsim?
Old 05-21-2015
Talumis, Flexsim Distributor, The Netherlands

Downloads: 43
Steven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond repute

Have you found this post: https://www.flexsim.com/community/fo...ight=bitbucket

If you want to create your own object and want to make use of all the object oriented power, create your own module with your own object and you can do anything you want
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Steven Hamoen For This Useful Post:
RalfGruber (05-21-2015)

Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
FlexSim Basics: Discrete Events Markus Cueva FlexSim Media 1 06-18-2014 11:00 PM
Experimenter and User Events Don Hart Tips and Tricks 1 08-27-2012 03:26 PM
Which class is the flexsim CT library objects? syseo Container Terminal (CT) Library 0 02-10-2011 03:44 AM
How do you transport using two different methods Derrick Serbonich Q&A 1 02-25-2009 05:50 PM
profileevents() and order of event nodes under project/exec/events Tom David Q&A 3 05-15-2008 11:33 PM