ATTENTION

This FlexSim Community Forum is read-only. Please post any new questions, ideas, or discussions to our new community (we call it Answers) at https://answers.flexsim.com/. Our new Question & Answer site brings a modern, mobile-friendly interface and more focus on getting answers quickly. There are a few differences between how our new Q&A community works vs. a classic, threaded-conversation-style forum like the one below, so be sure to read our Answers Best Practices.

flexsim.com

Go Back   FlexSim Community Forum > FlexSim Software > Q&A
Downloads

Q&A Using Flexsim and building models

Old 10-10-2013
Flexsim User

Downloads: 37
Uploads: 0
oliver xie is on a distinguished road
Default a problem about the black box functionality of visual tools

Hi i have used visual tools object to make a functioning container that holds a sub-model, i hope these object inside are invisible to other users,so i hide these contents. and i want to make users feel this visualtools as an object,users can pay no attention to the dragconnection line inside this object.so i use the "Container Funcionality" to set the "Pass Input Connect Actions To" to the object that should be connected to the input port. i find this function is good when using between visualtools and FixResource object.but when i use this between visualtools and visualtools, the problem appeared. the dragconnection inside the fromobject(visualtools 1) is ok, but the dragconnection inside toobject(visualtools2) is not successful as the model show in the attachment. problem about black box functionality.fsm so i feel the black box functionality of visual tools is incomplete can anyone give me some advices to solve this problem?
Old 10-11-2013
Flexsim User

Downloads: 35
Jörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond repute

Hello Oliver,

it is quite simple. You have a connection from the source inside the container to the container itself. You need such connection in the second container, too. If you build a object connection (A-Type) from the second container to the queue inside this container, you can connect the two visual tools and the flow will work.

Jörg
Old 10-11-2013
Flexsim User

hi Jörg
thanks for your reply.
i know your method will work ,but i want to do the dragconnection from the second container to the queue automatically. because these two visualtools are black boxs ,other user can not see the objects inside,and also the dragconnection line inside. i want to do all dragconnections in one time.
Old 10-11-2013
Flexsim User

Downloads: 35
Jörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond repute

Hello Oliver,
before you make the container to a black box, you can build such a connection, can't you?
Edit: Now I have seen what you want. The automatic connection works out of the visual tool but not into the visual tool.
Jörg

Last edited by Jörg Vogel; 10-11-2013 at 07:39 AM.
Old 10-11-2013
Flexsim User

hi Jörg
yes ,i can build such a connection befoe give it to other users, but the number of dragconnections between the both black boxes i can not control. and that way is not the real black box functionality should behave.

Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
problem about dll maker (for Visual Studio 2008) LINWEIXU Q&A 6 09-12-2012 03:44 AM
Visual tools and changing tree positions Christian Norregaard Q&A 2 11-17-2011 08:47 AM
Sum in a Visual Tool jspeece Q&A 3 09-04-2009 11:31 AM
Tools for ojbect connect to network node KelvinHo Q&A 6 04-24-2008 08:37 AM
How to get the Global Code Functionality from Version 3 into version 4. Regan Blackett Tips and Tricks 1 09-03-2007 06:12 AM