ATTENTION

This FlexSim Community Forum is read-only. Please post any new questions, ideas, or discussions to our new community (we call it Answers) at https://answers.flexsim.com/. Our new Question & Answer site brings a modern, mobile-friendly interface and more focus on getting answers quickly. There are a few differences between how our new Q&A community works vs. a classic, threaded-conversation-style forum like the one below, so be sure to read our Answers Best Practices.

flexsim.com

Go Back   FlexSim Community Forum > FlexSim Software > Q&A
Downloads

Q&A Using Flexsim and building models

Old 11-27-2009
LINWEIXU

Downloads:
Uploads:
Default some thing wrong with kinematics

i use BasicConveyor to make a special conveyor ,most of time it work very well,but sometimes it is not.i also use kinematics, most of code in decision point - oncover.i do not why.
Attached Files
File Type: zip nihao.zip (46.4 KB, 194 views)
Old 11-27-2009
LINWEIXU

Downloads:
Uploads:

i put" initkinematics(topclampkinematics, topclamp, 0,0);" onreset there is also some problem
Old 11-27-2009
Talumis, Flexsim Distributor, The Netherlands

Downloads: 43
Uploads: 0
Steven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond repute

Could you please specify what this "special conveyor" is supposed to do and if it is not working correctly, what it is doing then.
Old 11-27-2009
LINWEIXU

Downloads:
Uploads:
Default the baffle move

if you run a long time that i attatch then you will see the problem
Old 11-27-2009

Steven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond repute

That is just the problem, I want to know from your description if it usefull to spend my valuable time on your problem. I don't want to have to download your model and spend time looking at it and maybe not look long enough or at the wrong place in the code.

If you want me to take a good look you have to do the effort to make it as comfortable for me as possible otherwise I won't do it.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Steven Hamoen For This Useful Post:
Tom David (11-27-2009)
Old 11-27-2009
LINWEIXU

Downloads:
Uploads:

sorry my poor English can not describe it clearly if can use chinese i can describe it clearly
Old 11-27-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by LINWEIXU View Post
sorry my poor English can not describe it clearly if can use chinese i can describe it clearly

sorry but my Chinese is much poorer then your english so please, take the time to try to explain it in English.
Old 11-28-2009
Flexsim Consultant

Downloads: 20
Jason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond repute

As a general guide for posting:

1) let us know the exact time the problem happens (which means your model run needs to be repeatable - if it occurs visually at different times even though the listed event times are the same then let us know that too)
2) describe what you want it to do at that time
3) describe what it does now at that time (so we can verify the problem)

However in this case I think it's that the red 'pusher' bar moves out of position if you speed up the model enough for frames to be dropped, so this problem doesn't happen at a specific 'event time' - it depends when you ramp up the speed. I'm going to guess this means there's an missing updatekinematic on a key event, since the 'correct' operation seems to rely on ondraw firing.

So I've added code to reset and deactiviate the kinematic and set the objects initial position. I've then added update and deactivate kinematic code on the message - this is the key event that you need an update to happen - you can't rely on the ondraw firing to get the correct position. So far this seems to work okay for me.
Attached Files
File Type: zip nihao_jl.zip (39.6 KB, 182 views)

Last edited by Jason Lightfoot; 11-28-2009 at 06:47 AM.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Jason Lightfoot For This Useful Post:
zhang xin (11-28-2009)

Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
what is wrong my model LINWEIXU Q&A 7 08-17-2009 10:50 PM
Kinematics Iulian Marin Ion Q&A 15 08-04-2009 09:42 PM
Training Material for Kinematics David Chan Gripes and Goodies 5 03-31-2009 06:55 AM