ATTENTION

This FlexSim Community Forum is read-only. Please post any new questions, ideas, or discussions to our new community (we call it Answers) at https://answers.flexsim.com/. Our new Question & Answer site brings a modern, mobile-friendly interface and more focus on getting answers quickly. There are a few differences between how our new Q&A community works vs. a classic, threaded-conversation-style forum like the one below, so be sure to read our Answers Best Practices.

flexsim.com

Go Back   FlexSim Community Forum > FlexSim Software > Gripes and Goodies
Downloads

Gripes and Goodies Software problems and suggestions

Old 07-26-2008
Flexsim Distributor

Downloads: 74
Uploads: 0
David Chan has a spectacular aura aboutDavid Chan has a spectacular aura aboutDavid Chan has a spectacular aura about
Default Two suggestions for next version

Hi

I have two suggestions.

1. Calculator:
I wonder if we could have a calculator in the next version. Though there is one with the Window program, but having one within Flexsim or creating a link to the Window calculator might be convenient for user.

2. Print function:
I am also suggesting to have a print function at the code editor, so that user could print the code out.

Thanks

David
Old 07-29-2008
Flexsim Super Moderator

Downloads: 64
Uploads: 0
AlanZhang is a jewel in the roughAlanZhang is a jewel in the roughAlanZhang is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Chan View Post
1. Calculator:
I wonder if we could have a calculator in the next version. Though there is one with the Window program, but having one within Flexsim or creating a link to the Window calculator might be convenient for user.
You can type expressions such as 3+5, 3*6, pow(2,4) etc. in the Script window and click the Execute to get the answer right away. It is even more convenient than a regular calculator. Looks at the Math section of the command help for the math command reference.

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Chan View Post
2. Print function:
I am also suggesting to have a print function at the code editor, so that user could print the code out.
I think this is a handy function which should be included in the code editor. I typically copy the code into Visual Studio and change the file suffix to .cpp so that the code are syntax highlighted. Then print it out. If it can be done within Flexsim, that would be nice and save the hassle.
Alex Christensen (07-30-2008)

Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Suggestions on Experimenter and Report AlanZhang Gripes and Goodies 6 11-09-2011 02:32 AM
Full Version v.s. Free Trial Version v.s. Runtime Version Cliff King Installation 5 02-14-2010 01:01 PM
My gripes and improvement suggestions for v4.30 (Ctrl+C/V in tables, media path updater) Tom David Gripes and Goodies 2 03-18-2008 08:29 PM
How to get the Global Code Functionality from Version 3 into version 4. Regan Blackett Tips and Tricks 1 09-03-2007 06:12 AM