ATTENTION

This FlexSim Community Forum is read-only. Please post any new questions, ideas, or discussions to our new community (we call it Answers) at https://answers.flexsim.com/. Our new Question & Answer site brings a modern, mobile-friendly interface and more focus on getting answers quickly. There are a few differences between how our new Q&A community works vs. a classic, threaded-conversation-style forum like the one below, so be sure to read our Answers Best Practices.

flexsim.com

Go Back   FlexSim Community Forum > Flexsim CT > Container Terminal (CT) Library
Downloads

Old 09-13-2011
Kan

Downloads: 3
Uploads: 0
candido lctpc is on a distinguished road
Exclamation How to set the flow of a Truck if it has a container

Hi!, i need some help, i have finished the model of our CT but i have been required to include in the model a new process that is already under implementation.

The fact is that when a truck arrives at a point (Gateroad or Networknode) it can flow in two directions, depending if it carries a container or if its doesnt.

In what i need some help is how to indicate the truck which flow to take. I have already seen some options like in the properties of the gateroad, in flow section in the "send to port" option, but i have no idea of how to make it work.

I hope some one can help me!
Old 09-13-2011
Flexsim Development

Downloads: 109
Uploads: 18
Thanked 1,483 Times in 525 Posts
Phil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond repute

You can use content(item) to see whether the truck has a container.

The content() of an empty truck is 1 (just the chassis). The content of a truck with container(s) is greater than 1.
The Following User Says Thank You to Phil BoBo For This Useful Post:
candido lctpc (09-13-2011)
Old 09-13-2011
Kan

Thank you, i have been able to make it work in Gate Roads, but all my other connections are made with network nodes, so my question is if i can do the same operation using them or i have to change that part of my connection with Gate Roads?
Old 09-13-2011
Flexsim Development

Phil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond repute

Objects travel along the network in the shortest path to their destination. Control the destination by using the condition and the network path choices will be done automatically.
Old 09-14-2011
Kan

Thank you, in that case i think that´s not the solution for what i´m trying to do, so, is there a way to make trucks go in a different flow depending on a case? I already try to do it with gateroads but it seems not to work if i put it between NetworkNodes or between YardtoGate and GateSink.
Old 09-15-2011
Flexsim Development

It would be a lot easier to help you if you would attach your model so we can see what you are doing and why it isn't working for you.

Tags
gateroad truck output

Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Where can I find or get the information about the travel distance of each yard truck? syseo Container Terminal (CT) Library 0 02-12-2011 12:24 AM
Change truck shape Jamie Santa Ana Container Terminal (CT) Library 3 10-16-2009 11:03 AM
Question about item (truck) size/spacing? Jamie Santa Ana Container Terminal (CT) Library 2 09-25-2009 10:25 AM
How control truck rout in the yard zone? zhang xin Container Terminal (CT) Library 2 08-31-2009 07:19 PM
Truck Replacement Time Jamie Santa Ana Container Terminal (CT) Library 1 08-20-2009 05:02 PM