ATTENTION

This FlexSim Community Forum is read-only. Please post any new questions, ideas, or discussions to our new community (we call it Answers) at https://answers.flexsim.com/. Our new Question & Answer site brings a modern, mobile-friendly interface and more focus on getting answers quickly. There are a few differences between how our new Q&A community works vs. a classic, threaded-conversation-style forum like the one below, so be sure to read our Answers Best Practices.

flexsim.com

Go Back   FlexSim Community Forum > FlexSim Software > Q&A
Downloads

Q&A Using Flexsim and building models

Old 12-29-2011
René Gutiérrez

Downloads: 38
Uploads: 0
Gutirallo is on a distinguished road
Question Capacity of Transporter

I know it sounds a little bit easy but i can`t !

I have some operators who are very weak...

i had set in each one the capacity to transport as 20 units (flowitems) but they always get load 4 or 5 units only. The source where they remove the material has batchsize 20 idem, to facilitate match.

How I can force the people get load at least 20 units each time?

Thanks...
Old 12-29-2011
Flexsim User

Downloads: 35
Jörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond repute

hi,

if the operators don't load more items and deliver those already loaded to the unload stations, then they have no more tasksequences to execute. Your model should create more tasksequences to get always fully loaded operators.
If you can't have enough items to transport all the time, then you have to build your own logic, how the tasksequences are built or to the taskexecuter dispatched.
If you want to stop the taskexecuter not fully loaded to travel to the unload stations, you must give that taskexecuter something else to do and let further item transport tasksequences preempting that other activity.

Jörg
Old 01-02-2012
Flexsim User

Downloads: 30
Danny Pavan will become famous soon enoughDanny Pavan will become famous soon enough

You have provided very limited information regarding what you are modeling and how you are modeling it. Within that context I have attached a mini model that I hope helps you with your problem.

Please see the OnEndCollecting trigger of the queue and the Message trigger of the operator.

When the queue has collected a batch, it sends a message to the operator.

When the operator receives the message, it creates a task sequence to travel to the queue, pick up the required number of items and then drop the items off at the conveyor (pick up and drop off are done via CALLSUBTASKS). The operator then returns to the queue and waits for the next batch.

Danny
Attached Files
File Type: zip OperatorCarriesBatchsize.zip (38.4 KB, 166 views)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Danny Pavan For This Useful Post:
Jörg Vogel (01-03-2012)
Old 01-09-2012
René Gutiérrez

Downloads: 38
Gutirallo is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up

Thanks Jörg and Dany...

Dany, it works well, just i wanted, Now i'm learning the management of task sequences, it's very useful tool. This is a good example.

thank you very much.

Tags
capacity, taskexecuter, transporter

Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Group Capacity Jason Lightfoot User Development 7 03-24-2011 07:21 PM
Batch from Queue and capacity of operator Michael Pohl Q&A 3 05-18-2009 01:42 AM
TE loads to it's capacity qin tian Q&A 1 11-13-2008 09:35 AM
different capacity for different flow item for a same TE KelvinHo Q&A 10 08-28-2008 08:12 AM
Task Sequence Delay for Multiple Capacity Sung Kim Q&A 6 06-16-2008 03:11 PM