ATTENTION

This FlexSim Community Forum is read-only. Please post any new questions, ideas, or discussions to our new community (we call it Answers) at https://answers.flexsim.com/. Our new Question & Answer site brings a modern, mobile-friendly interface and more focus on getting answers quickly. There are a few differences between how our new Q&A community works vs. a classic, threaded-conversation-style forum like the one below, so be sure to read our Answers Best Practices.

flexsim.com

Go Back   FlexSim Community Forum > FlexSim Software > Q&A
Downloads

Q&A Using Flexsim and building models

Old 05-23-2008
Flexsim Distributor

Downloads: 74
Uploads: 0
David Chan has a spectacular aura aboutDavid Chan has a spectacular aura aboutDavid Chan has a spectacular aura about
Default Reading Stats function from global table

Instead of reading number from global table as processing time, how do I read a statistic function from a global table.

Thanks

David
PS. I remember reading it some where before, but I could not locate it in the forum
Old 05-23-2008
Flexsim User

Downloads: 100
Uploads: 1
Pablo Concha is just really nicePablo Concha is just really nicePablo Concha is just really nicePablo Concha is just really nice

With the commands executefsnode and gettablecell you can execute flexscript you have stored on a global table ( this can be a distribution function)

the example from flexsim's help:

executefsnode(gettablecell("GlobalTable1",2,3),NUL L,NULL,NULL,0)

regards,

Pablo Concha E.
The Following User Says Thank You to Pablo Concha For This Useful Post:
David Chan (05-23-2008)
Old 05-23-2008
The Flexsim Consultant

Downloads: 29
Uploads: 6
Brandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant future

David,

If you use the MTEI to input the table you want the functions in then you can use the data distinction feature to set the nodes as Flexscript. With that and a quick Build All Flexscript you could use the node function which is much faster than executefsnode.

Hope all is well!
Brandon
Old 05-23-2008
Flexsim Distributor

Downloads: 74
Uploads: 0
David Chan has a spectacular aura aboutDavid Chan has a spectacular aura aboutDavid Chan has a spectacular aura about

Brandon,

I don't really know about the data distinction feature. Can you elaborate a bit more?

Thanks!!

David
Old 05-27-2008
The Flexsim Consultant

Downloads: 29
Uploads: 6
Brandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant future

David,

In the Data distinction column of the MTEI you can set the value to the following:

0 - No Distinction - Assumes all data is numeric
1 - Automatic - Number or String based on the first character in the cell
2 - Row - Data is defined by the row prior to the first row of data
3 - Column - Data is defined by the column prior to the first column of data

Types 2 and 3 are the user defined data distinction types. I generally use type 2, even if I'm only going to be using numbers and strings. I do this so that it doesn't import the wrong type if someone inputs a string like "1Alpha".

To define what type of data will be imported you need to put a distinction value in the first row or column. Those values are as follows:

1 - Numeric data
2 - Text data
3 - Flexscript data
4 - C++ data

I hope that this is what you needed. If not, there is more information if you click on the ? button in the MTEI or you can post here again.

Good Luck,
Brandon

Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Print function David Chan Gripes and Goodies 0 05-21-2008 09:38 PM
What are you reading? Nico Zahn Q&A 4 05-09-2008 11:46 AM
Global Table Number Precision Sung Kim Tips and Tricks 8 03-27-2008 04:25 PM
Does there exist a function that can calculate the time weighted average of a value in a Global tabl qin tian Q&A 4 01-20-2008 07:01 PM
How to turn on stats history in Vista to use Record object syseo Q&A 1 09-22-2007 01:45 AM