ATTENTION

This FlexSim Community Forum is read-only. Please post any new questions, ideas, or discussions to our new community (we call it Answers) at https://answers.flexsim.com/. Our new Question & Answer site brings a modern, mobile-friendly interface and more focus on getting answers quickly. There are a few differences between how our new Q&A community works vs. a classic, threaded-conversation-style forum like the one below, so be sure to read our Answers Best Practices.

flexsim.com

Go Back   FlexSim Community Forum > FlexSim Software > Q&A
Downloads

Q&A Using Flexsim and building models

Old 06-01-2015
Flexsim User

Downloads: 2
Uploads: 0
koenslootmans is on a distinguished road
Default slow down operators when they are passing each other

Hello,

In my model the operators are following a picksnake (i use astar to not walk through the racks)

We want to model how pick performance is impacted by the nr of operators.
The aisles are narrow and when they pass each other the speed of the operators should be slowed down to 10% of their normal walking speed.

How can i do this?

I was thinking about collisions where all operators are checking for collisions with each other every 10 seconds or so...
if they collide the speed should be slowed down and a dellayed message is sent to speed up again 30 seconds later..

1. do you have a better approach for this?
2. since my operators are dynamically generated based on a variable and they are all copies of each other, how do i attache collision detection to all of them ?

Thanks in advance
Old 06-02-2015
Flexsim User

Downloads: 35
Jörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond repute

Hello,

Copy Template: You can build an Operator and place him in the User Library or in the Flowitem Bin. Whenever you build a copy, you use your Item or the Operator out of the User Library.
If you have placed the Operators already you can copy the variables from the highlighted to the selected objects.

If you build your model on another strategy for example on Network Nodes, you can use the Traffic Control to adjust the speed in the controlled area, when more than one operator requests entry to it.

Jörg
The Following User Says Thank You to Jörg Vogel For This Useful Post:
koenslootmans (06-08-2015)
Old 06-02-2015
Flexsim User

Downloads: 145
sagar bolisetti is a jewel in the roughsagar bolisetti is a jewel in the roughsagar bolisetti is a jewel in the roughsagar bolisetti is a jewel in the rough

Hello,

Here is the another way to slow down the speed of operator on Network nodes https://www.flexsim.com/community/fo...40&postcount=4 .In the fourth parameter of TASKTYPE_SENDMESSAGE change the number of seconds and the message is sent in the specified number of seconds to change the speed again.
The Following User Says Thank You to sagar bolisetti For This Useful Post:
koenslootmans (06-08-2015)

Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Flexsim model slow run on DELL T3600 machine shilpa j Installation 4 12-18-2013 11:19 AM
Passing task between 2 operators joshwebb Q&A 1 07-16-2013 06:08 PM
operators passing one another on network node danielle paniccia Q&A 1 07-07-2013 04:10 PM
Non Passing for TEFlowitem Sung Kim Q&A 0 05-24-2013 09:51 AM
viewtofile command is slow AlanZhang Q&A 0 04-09-2010 11:12 AM