ATTENTION

This FlexSim Community Forum is read-only. Please post any new questions, ideas, or discussions to our new community (we call it Answers) at https://answers.flexsim.com/. Our new Question & Answer site brings a modern, mobile-friendly interface and more focus on getting answers quickly. There are a few differences between how our new Q&A community works vs. a classic, threaded-conversation-style forum like the one below, so be sure to read our Answers Best Practices.

flexsim.com

Go Back   FlexSim Community Forum > FlexSim Software > Q&A
Downloads

Q&A Using Flexsim and building models

Old 04-23-2010
LINWEIXU

Downloads:
Uploads:
Default drawtext sometimes work wrongly in 5.0

i use command like "drawtext(view, "Hello", 0,0,0, 0,.3,.1, 90,0,0, 1,0,0, .8);" in 5.0 . sometimes works well. sometimes works wrongly.
see attach
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version
Name:	draw2.jpg
Views:	190
Size:	39.1 KB
ID:	960  
Attached Files
File Type: zip draw_wrong.zip (53.5 KB, 176 views)
Old 04-28-2010
The Flexsim Consultant

Downloads: 29
Uploads: 6
Brandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant future

Linweixu,

I did not look at your model yet but the first thing that comes to mind is scaling. If you are using the draw code of an object then the draw commands will be scaled according to the object scale. This will cause things like text to change in size when the object changes size; this is probably why you are assuming that it does not work correctly.

Try using the drawtomodelscale() command before you use the drawtext() command. This should make the text size independent of the object scale.

Good Luck,
Brandon
Old 04-29-2010
LINWEIXU

Downloads:
Uploads:

thank you Brandon,you are right ,the reson is the zsize of souce is very small,so it look like messycode .the messycode like I used chinese in it,so My first impression is some thing wrong.

Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Shift work m matias Q&A 2 02-21-2010 01:12 PM
How to work with activedocumentnode Steven Hamoen Q&A 3 09-23-2009 07:47 AM
How does a Simulation Engine work ? Vinay Mehendiratta Q&A 2 02-14-2008 01:01 PM