ATTENTION

This FlexSim Community Forum is read-only. Please post any new questions, ideas, or discussions to our new community (we call it Answers) at https://answers.flexsim.com/. Our new Question & Answer site brings a modern, mobile-friendly interface and more focus on getting answers quickly. There are a few differences between how our new Q&A community works vs. a classic, threaded-conversation-style forum like the one below, so be sure to read our Answers Best Practices.

flexsim.com

Go Back   FlexSim Community Forum > FlexSim Software > Q&A
Downloads

Q&A Using Flexsim and building models

Old 06-16-2015
sravan kumar

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0
Post distance travelled by flowitems

dear all

i am facing a problem in showing the distance traveled by 4 flow items, i have seen few post regarding this kind of situation but it was about 1 flow item, but i have the problem on 4 flow items where i need to show the distance traveled from source to sink, is there any way to solve this kind of problem ? if yes please post the logic behind it. and in how many ways can we display the results in flexsim of distance traveled by 4 flow items.

can please someone help me out to solve this problem.

thank you
Old 06-18-2015
Joao Marques

Downloads: 0

Hi,
The code presented in this post (http://www.flexsim.com/community/for...8&postcount=10) shows how to create a label in your items and every time the task executer (operator) loads the item, it will increment the label "distance" by the amount he will walk. It will work not only for one, but for all your items.
Credits for Jörg Vogel who posted the code in the link on 02-04-2012.
The Following User Says Thank You to Joao Marques For This Useful Post:
sravan kumar (06-20-2015)
Old 06-19-2015
Talumis, Flexsim Distributor, The Netherlands

Downloads: 43
Steven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond repute

The TS also asked this question in a different thread and I posted an answer there: https://www.flexsim.com/community/fo...ead.php?t=3049
The Following User Says Thank You to Steven Hamoen For This Useful Post:
sravan kumar (06-20-2015)

Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Label logic for knowing distance shivrash Q&A 15 05-13-2016 08:47 AM
To obtain distances travelled by components sravan kumar Q&A 0 01-07-2015 02:28 AM
Travel Offset Distance shafizad Q&A 2 05-23-2012 05:48 AM
Keeps a distance Li Chin Q&A 3 12-18-2008 02:09 AM
How to dynamically set virtual distance for Network Node Sung Kim Q&A 2 02-29-2008 01:36 PM