ATTENTION

This FlexSim Community Forum is read-only. Please post any new questions, ideas, or discussions to our new community (we call it Answers) at https://answers.flexsim.com/. Our new Question & Answer site brings a modern, mobile-friendly interface and more focus on getting answers quickly. There are a few differences between how our new Q&A community works vs. a classic, threaded-conversation-style forum like the one below, so be sure to read our Answers Best Practices.

flexsim.com

Go Back   FlexSim Community Forum > FlexSim Software > Tips and Tricks
Downloads

Tips and Tricks Share helpful modeling ideas

Old 10-26-2011
Flexsim User

Downloads: 12
Uploads: 0
naveenkumar is on a distinguished road
Default ADJUSTING PROCESSORS.

Hi,

In my project I'm supposed to place machines which r of different shape into the simulation model..

This has to be done to scale..

How can be machines properly to scale(dimensions)?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version
Name:	full4jp.JPG
Views:	133
Size:	112.1 KB
ID:	1530  
Old 10-27-2011
Talumis, Flexsim Distributor, The Netherlands

Downloads: 43
Steven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond repute

First read the user manual of Flexsim. Search for autocad and you will find 3 hits about importing 3d media and shape.
Then use the search capabilities of the forum. search for autocad or import etc you will find even more information.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Steven Hamoen For This Useful Post:
RalfGruber (10-27-2011)
Old 11-01-2011
Flexsim User

I have created the layout of the plant with its origin as (0,0) but d manual asks to create the document with origin as (0,0,0).

I don't have good knowledge about AutoCAD, Kindly tell me if the former one can be used to be imported into flexsim 5

If not, then kindly tell me how to create a layout in AutoCAD with its origin as (0,0,0)

with regards,
naveen.p
Old 11-01-2011

Steven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond repute

have you tried to export the autocad drawing and importing it in Flexsim? And what happened?
Old 11-01-2011
Flexsim User

hi steven,

I have tried to import the .dxf file into flexsim 5.

The file was imported but the layout is perpendicular to the Grid.

regards,
naveen
Old 11-01-2011

Then go to the General tab page and press the Edit button of Shape Factors and play around with one of the RX, RY, RZ angles to get your shape rotated correctly.
The Following User Says Thank You to Steven Hamoen For This Useful Post:
naveenkumar (11-01-2011)
Old 11-01-2011
Flexsim User

hi steven,

I've got it in the desired layout with RX -90.

The next task for me is to place machines into the layout.

How can I get machines in circular crosssection???

I have highlighted them in the jpeg file.

regards,
p.naveen kumar
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version
Name:	layout in flexsim.JPG
Views:	125
Size:	34.1 KB
ID:	1535  
Old 11-01-2011

????

How about just dragging a processor in your drawing, placing it on the right location and making it the right size?
Old 11-01-2011
Flexsim User

Downloads: 35
Jörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,

placing machines on a layout depend on different methods in Flexsim. Mostly your objects jumps back to the grid. Deactivate snap to grid
Main menu: View>Modeling Utilities>View Settings ...
Change your object on position, rotation and size go to the general tab in the properties.
To prevent the made changes activate protected on the same tab.
Another way is to set a reset position: Highlighted object > right mouse button > Edit > Set Object Reset Position
Or change the state of ignoredraw in the objecttree from zero to one. Then you can't select to highlighted anymore. Access to the object you get only in the tree again.

To modify the shape of the whole model takes the same time amount as to build the model logic. If you animate the model it takes even more time.

Maybe you know already this facts.

Jörg
The Following User Says Thank You to Jörg Vogel For This Useful Post:
naveenkumar (11-01-2011)
Old 11-01-2011
Flexsim User

hi steven,
What you have told is true for the machines which have a cuboid or cude bodies..
In the attachment i have highlighted few machines (lapping machines) which basically look with circular section in top view...

How to show them exactly in the model?

regards,
p.naveen kumar
Old 11-01-2011
Flexsim User

hi Jorg,

Thanks a lot for all the tips, I was actually facing the problem with the machines jumping back into the grid.

regards,
p.naveen kumar
Old 11-01-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveenkumar View Post
hi steven,
What you have told is true for the machines which have a cuboid or cude bodies..
In the attachment i have highlighted few machines (lapping machines) which basically look with circular section in top view...

How to show them exactly in the model?

regards,
p.naveen kumar
I don't see how this is different then with a cuboid body, only maybe you want to change the 3D shape of your machine into that of a circular shape. So look on the internet for sketchup models or 3ds models that represent your machine, or use sketchup to make a quick one yourself. Or if you drag in a visual tool you can select a column as a basic shape.
Millions of possible solutions here
Old 11-05-2011
Flexsim User

Hi Steven,

I would like to use column from visual tool as a basic shape. How can I use this column as a processor? My intension is to show that column as a lapping machine. Kindly, guide me with this.

Regards,
P.Naveen Kumar
Old 11-07-2011

There are several way to accomplish this:
1 Use the visual tool. Put it over the processor and on the processor uncheck the "Show 3D shape" on the general tab page

2 create a cylinder with for instance sketchup and go to general page and load this cylinder in the 3D Shape edit field

3 Go to the ondraw trigger of the processor and write a simple statement like:
// If this function returns a true, the default draw code of the object will not be executed.
drawcylinder(0,0,0,2,1,5,0,0,0,1,0,0,0);
return 1;
Go to the 3D Shape field of the general page and remove the path there (just put ***) and press reset

I hope to have given you some inspiration
The Following User Says Thank You to Steven Hamoen For This Useful Post:
naveenkumar (11-07-2011)

Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
One operator on two processors Stefan Trabut Q&A 4 04-15-2011 02:58 AM
Dynamically assigning processors/people to time table Rhonda MacIntyre Q&A 7 01-28-2010 11:28 AM
How to process with 2 processors at the same time wilmermoncada Q&A 2 11-25-2009 08:34 AM
Adjusting 3d shape of a crane Maurits Brandt Tips and Tricks 3 09-14-2007 12:25 AM